Led Zep News

Discussion in 'Upcoming Events' started by sgtbeefheart, Aug 27, 2008.

1. sgtbeefheart

sgtbeefheart Well-Known Member

Led Zeppelin trio back in studio

Bonham has been working with Page and Jones

Led Zeppelin musicians Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham have been working on new material.

Drummer Bonham told a radio station in Detroit that the songs could be destined for a new Led Zeppelin album.

Writing new material has been "on the cards" since the band's one-off reunion show in London last December, he told 94.7 WCSX.

But lead singer Robert Plant has not been involved in any of the sessions, he added.

"At the moment, all I know is I have the great pleasure to go and jam with the two guys and start work on some material," he said.

"When I get there [in the studio] I never ask any questions. If I get a phone call to go and play, I enjoy every moment of it.

"Whatever it ends up as, to ever get a chance to jam with two people like that, it is a phenomenal thing for me. It's my life. It's what I've dreamed about doing."

He added: "Lots of politics [would need to] get ironed out [before an album could be made]."

2. Zeppelin Rules

Zeppelin Rules Active Member

This is interesting, although I dunno about a Plant-less Zeppelin. Where'd you hear this?

3. John J

John J Active Member

I heard the same thing on the radio in Milwaukee this morning.

4. guitarweasel

guitarweasel Well-Known Member

[quote author=sgtbeefheart link=topic=17761.msg218753#msg218753 date=1219837149]

"Lots of politics [would need to] get ironed out [before an album could be made]."
    [/quote]

Politics my rear.......

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

5. sgtbeefheart

sgtbeefheart Well-Known Member

[quote author=Zeppelin Rules link=topic=17761.msg218759#msg218759 date=1219868618]
    This is interesting, although I dunno about a Plant-less Zeppelin. Where'd you hear this?
    [/quote]

TimesOnline reported it as heard on Detroit station 94.7 WCSX.

Maybe Plant prefers to do music of dubious quality with Alison Krause.

6. oldrockfan

oldrockfan Well-Known Member

I love Led but without PLant singing it, just isn't the same. I hope Plant comes around and joins the others because a world reunion tour of Led with PLant at the mic would be HUGE!

7. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

you have to admit robert has lost a bit over the years

he's probably had enough of the zep hovering around.

hey i know! get coverdale to sing!

:roll:

8. John J

John J Active Member

[quote author=guitarweasel link=topic=17761.msg218769#msg218769 date=1219880274]
    Politics my rear.......

$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    [/quote]Isn't that what politics is about these days? $$$$$$$$$$

9. oldrockfan

hey vk, Plant has lost a bit of range and clarity over the years but even Plant at 75% is still pretty good. I'd pay up to maybe $200 to see Led in concert with Plant, Page and Jones plus a good drummer (Bonham's son or a good studio drummer). Without Plant as front man, I'd still like to see them but would not pay premium prices to do it.

I really hope Plant agrees to a tour but I'm afraid that Krauss chick is going yoko on him so he may never agree to another tour.

10. John J

John J Active Member

[quote author=oldrockfan link=topic=17761.msg218783#msg218783 date=1219937769]

I really hope Plant agrees to a tour but I'm afraid that Krauss chick is going yoko on him so he may never agree to another tour.
    [/quote]Wouldn't it be nice to be at a point in your life where someone offered you a boat load of money to do something you really didn't want to and could afford to pass... SWEET.

11. JWest

JWest Member

[quote author=oldrockfan link=topic=17761.msg218783#msg218783 date=1219937769]
    [/quote]

I was seriously, no joke, cracking up at this one. No offense intended I've just never pictured Allison Krauss as a Yoko Ono type. lol ;D

12. John J

John J Active Member

[quote author=JWest link=topic=17761.msg218804#msg218804 date=1220042087]
    I was seriously, no joke, cracking up at this one. No offense intended I've just never pictured Allison Krauss as a Yoko Ono type. lol ;D
    [/quote] I laughed too. That oldrockfan is quite the kidder. I laughed because Allison has a much nicer voice than Yoko.

13. oldrockfan

;D ;D ;D

14. Kevy Nova

Kevy Nova Well-Known Member

[quote author=vkgphil link=topic=17761.msg218775#msg218775 date=1219891178]

hey i know! get coverdale to sing!

:roll:
    [/quote]

Oh, you took the joke right out of my mouth! Still, I hear Sammy Hagar and Gary Cherone are both looking for work...

15. guitarweasel

Get This! Sammy Hagar has teamed up with Joe Satriani and Michael Anthony for a new project band.

Leslie West will be opening for them, they are due here in Chicago October 8th.

Should be interesting to say the least!

16. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

sooo did you go to the Sammy / leslie show?

17. oldrockfan

I've seen the thin Sammy in concert and he did a very respectable job. The current version however... just not the same. Same with guns and roses old front man. Just can't get past watching that dude sing when he is sporting a beer gut.

Not that there is anything wrong with beer guts per se, just not on rock stars that I pay good money to see perform on stage. ;)

18. guitarweasel

[quote author=vkgphil link=topic=17761.msg220577#msg220577 date=1224063249]
    sooo did you go to the Sammy / leslie show?
    [/quote]

Actually Phil, I forgot all about it..........must be an age thing? :-\

19. JWest

JWest Member

20. oldrockfan

very interesting new development. I checked out that guy from alter whatever and he did nothing for me. He has a very decent voice but just not a good fit for Led imho. Now the guy on the 2nd link... he had a great voice for Led stuff.

Still, a concert without Plant isn't really Led to me. I might still want to go check it out just to see Page but without Plant, there is no way I will pay the big bucks that the concert would probably cost. I also would be concerned that Page might not really be up to the task. He was a fantastic guitarist (one of my very favorites) but at his age, I have to wonder if he can still pull off some of those riffs? Some of those Zep songs are not exactly pushover guitar leads.

Anyway, I am going to be very interested to hear if Plant decides to do another tour. If he does... it is sure to be a huge event. Without him, still a big event but I'll probably just buy the dvd of it. Are others willing to shell out the big bucks for concert without Plant? With PLant?