Let's see your P-94 equipped SG's!

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by Supersonic Nomad, Aug 7, 2018.

1. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

Really ? Hmmm ...
    The volume pot is likely a 500k, but the tone a 350k. What if you went 500k for tone too ?
    Dunno, just asking ...

But at the price a Chinese (Guitar Madness) P94 goes for, it's a no brainer. You don't have to spend much on this. I compared side by side a Gibson P94 and a Guitar Madness P94, and I liked the GM better, sold the Gibson.

pancake81 likes this.
  2. PAFHumbucker

PAFHumbucker Well-Known Member

Here is my 2012 Gibson SG Special Humbucker. I picked her up from Reverb about a year ago. The previous previous owner swapped out the stock humbuckers for P-94's. I did more modifications myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://imgur.com/a/MWbmFtC

My mods:

Replace the pickguard and truss rod cover with 3 ply.
    Replaced the stock tuners with Tronical robo tuners.
    Added the 4th pot and replaced all the electronics. All 4 pots are CTS push pull pots.
    There is a dummy coil hidden in the little channel next to the pickups. The bridge tone p/p activates the coil for the bridge pickup and the same for the tone p/p.
    The bridge volume p/p turns on both pickups with the bridge volume and tone controls as master tone controls. I like this setup because it provides the noise cancelling of the middle position and I can adjust the volume without loosing the noise cancelling aspect.
    The neck volume p/p is just a kill switch. I couldn't think of anything else to use it for!
    The bridge is a Chinese tonepros knockoff I grabbed off of Amazon. The studs are actual tonepros locking studs though.
    I swapped out the stock knobs for witch hats and added Dunlop strap locks.
    The guitar is shielded with copper tape too.

PermissionToLand and arcticsg like this.
  3. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

I love a wraparound SG !

Say ... what color is that ? It looke like a dark maroon. Can you take it outside for a syunny photo sesh ? I think that would really make the color come out.

4. PAFHumbucker

PAFHumbucker Well-Known Member

5. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

Cool guitar, that bridge is a serious chunk of metal and I always like witch hats.

Love the backdrop too, it was good to see them win a Cup, especially since my Bruins couldn't get it done.

PAFHumbucker likes this.