Me and my guitar!

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Girl_Rock, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Girl_Rock

Girl_Rock Member

Very beautiful! It reminds me one of my idol's SGs. And I think also the vibrola works good on it. I thought lots of times to add one to mine, but I prefer those guitars that already have a bigsby, I don't like changing the guitars...

2. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

misslizziesm.jpg
    This 2005 EpiphoneG-400 Deluxe is all stock. If you really want one at some point they are out there.
    Enjoy your SG, but be warned, they multiply.:rofl:
    SGclsc.jpg smsgj.jpg Specs.jpg

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    arcticsg, fos1 and Girl_Rock like this.
  3. Girl_Rock

Girl_Rock Member

Woooow!!!! Fantastic SGs!

Yes, I know... :facepalm:

A question: is the guitar in the last photo, at left, a Special Ferrari red? It seems to be one, or should it has to have the write "Special", to be it?. I love them, my guitar teacher has one and he let me play it, what a good sound!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  4. Biddlin

Used to be a much more faded cherry, but years of play have polished it to that. It is a 2003 with ebony fretboard and yes, what a player!

Girl_Rock likes this.
  5. Girl_Rock

Girl_Rock Member

Ah ok. But how many SGs have you got? Seven, eight, or more, ah ah?
    Do you think my G400 will be polished too? Now it's satin red cherry but in some parts the satin color has gone. I clean it once a month with a little of water. But I do it mostly because of its pick-ups which are always dirty, not so much because it needs...

So, beautiful guitars again, now you need an alpine white one ;)
    I hope you don't send me a photo of an Angus Young Signature or a Lighting Bolt one (if you own one of them) I'll be pretty jealous ah ah... In 2014 the music shop where I usually buy guitars, strings... had the AY Signature. I was there to buy my classical when the man who works there asked me:"What type of guitar would you like to buy?" And I:"...Ehm, a Devil SG..." He brought me in front of the wall with Gibson SGs and LPs and asked me:"Are you an AC/DC fan?" I smiled a lot. Then he told me they "have just sold them, we are going to order others". I wasn't sad, I knew my mother didn't want to buy me an electric. For the Epi I had to "fight" a year, a friend gave me his Eko Les Paul for the summer to demonstrate her I would used the instrument, if she had bought me it. This is just a piece of my music adventure.

6. rotorhead

rotorhead Well-Known Member

If you close your eyes and wish hard enough, most any guitar that you've set your little sights on will eventually be yours.

Careful, though, they are easily departed from your fingers if you dont pay attention. You'll end up selling some just to get others and then later regret it. If you are patient enough, you'll eventually get what you want without having to sacrifice what you already have.

Ask anyone over 50 years old here if they have any regrets about guitars they've sold over the years. I'll bet you the responses will be roughly 100% yes lol.

Logan and Girl_Rock like this.
  7. Biddlin

Just for the record, I don't have and wasn't considering an alpine white,UNTIL NOW, thanks for the GAS, lol. Actually I'm very happy with the six SGs currently inhabiting my home. Now an Oxblood 54 Les Paul is my fantasy guitar, but I may repaint one of my LPMMs and fake it!

MiG-19 and Girl_Rock like this.
  8. Girl_Rock

Girl_Rock Member

It's all true what you've written. I've already tried this experience during a night dream, I always thought:" Will this happen one day?" Yes, it will. One of those things you said reminds me the film "The Devil's Candy", when Satan said to the man:"Sometimes you should make a sacrifice", or something like that, and then he broke his guitar on the floor, I suppose his white SG, I've never seen the film, only the trailer, but I want to watch it to know if it was really the SG or his Flying V...

Thanks for the beautiful words

rotorhead likes this.
  9. Girl_Rock

Girl_Rock Member

You're welcome for the gas! Try it, I think it will be gorgeous:)

10. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

Moohahahahahaaaa! Yeah, right, speak for yourself.

NMA, you are miserable, but not because of guitars, thats only a poor excuse - and you know it.

11. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

The whole world was better off when you had one guitar.

12. Girl_Rock

Girl_Rock Member

I think we all know this... The world is full of different types of people and this is a good thing: the world would be boring, if we were all the same. :thumb:

rotorhead and Ray like this.
  13. MiG-19

MiG-19 Member

Great pics in this thread, welcome!

Girl_Rock likes this.
  14. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

Late responder to the thread, but from a 16 year old, welcome to the mad house. You aren't the only youngin' around these parts, my good friend Didds is an Aussie, and is my age as well.

While what everyone here has in common is our love of SGs, not everyone started out that way. I started out hating SGs, because they looked too rebellious and too out there for me. My first Gibson was going to be a 2015 Les Paul Classic in Sea Foam Green. And my dad made me sit down with a 2015 Standard in Fireburst, and I didn't look back.
    [​IMG]
    Now, I started out like you; my first acoustic was a sh*tty Alvarez, and the only reason I still have it is memories. That first broken string, the callouses it built up. Then I got serious into playing bass, and that is why I consider myself a bass player turned guitar player. Then I got my first electric, a Jackson Dinky with a Floyd and EMGs. Hated the guitar, and the neck on it as I grew up. Neck was way too skinny, and the Floyd was fun, but sucked to restring. Also, the EMGs had one sound; Distorted. And even that was lifeless.
    [​IMG]
    Finally, I got a guitar I felt comfortable playing because even as a 12 year old I was a cork-sniffer. I wanted an Epiphone Wildkat because it was an Epiphone "Original." Loved the Bigsby, neck shape, P90s, Gretsch style setup. Also, it was stupid neck heavy. Might explain why I don't care if a guitar is neck heavy. Then, when I was 13 I worked hard and did odd-jobs for my family and I got myself a Mexi Tele. A '14 Nashville Deluxe Telecaster in Brown Sunburst. Still play that guitar out today. It's a workhorse.
    [​IMG]
    All I can say is, don't listen to NMA. Not anything bad against him, but people are miserable because of other things. A bad guitar can exeplify that though, as other things like a break up can. For me, guitar and music has been a lifeline for me. It's made my sad days into happy ones.

Again, welcome and keep practicing.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Girl_Rock, Didds and fos1 like this.
  15. Girl_Rock

Girl_Rock Member

Wow, what a fantastic music life! And about the guitars, you have great and good ones, beautiful!

I'd like to play the bass too, but I bought a Gib some month ago, I can't buy another instrument (and I don't know where I can put it), ah ah. I must wait. So I decided to use my G400, its rhythm pick-up has very good bass tones...

Thanks for the post!

16. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    Save up and get you one!
    Remember the ESG motto...
    :photos:
    Pics or it didn't happen!
    You'll find somewhere else to put it. One thing I recommend is try to sound like a bass player, not a guitar player playing bass. :thumb:

Girl_Rock likes this.
  17. Girl_Rock

Girl_Rock Member

I wrote a post about it when I arrived at home and I had the time to do it.

But if you want...
    IMG_20180930_110024.jpg

Yes ok, ah ah!

Logan likes this.