Merry Klonmas!

Discussion in 'Tone Zone' started by Clifdawg, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Clifdawg

Clifdawg Well-Known Member

My Christmas gift to me is shipping out soon: a brand new Klon KTR!

This was an impulse decision; I really thought about a new acoustic or a new electric or an amp head or even more inexpensive pedals, until I just stumbled upon a website that had KTRs selling new for their original list price of 270 dollars. I called to make sure it wasn't an error and that they were actually in-stock ("oh yeah, we have them, they're selling like hotcakes" the man told me. I believe him). I impulse bought the thing and now it should be shipping soon.

I just felt like it was a unique piece of history, and possibly something to hold onto for years to come. And hopefully, it will be a great OD pedal, too. After the OCD and DS-1, maybe I'm gonna start collecting classic OD and distortion pedals... This is bad... Really bad...

2. Chuteboxehero

Chuteboxehero Active Member

Congrats that's a great pedal! I've been using a Klon clone a friend built and it really is a sweet overdrive. I've been alternating between that and a JHS Angry Charlie and both work really well for what I like to hear out of my amp. The Klon does subtle a little better than the JHS, which can get pretty hairy if you want it to.

Clifdawg likes this.
  3. Clifdawg

Clifdawg Well-Known Member

It's here!...

[​IMG]

... Although, sadly, in the white cardboard box it shall remain until Mrs. Claus puts it under the tree. :(