Monoprice 15w 1x12 Tube amp $159 sale + 20% off Today Feb 27

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by DrBGood, Feb 27, 2018.

1. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

Clifdawg and Biddlin like this.
  2. drown

drown Well-Known Member

Cool. I wonder who's Chinese factory makes these for them.

3. Clifdawg

Clifdawg Well-Known Member

They used to be identical to the Laney Cub 12Rs, so I imagine they're made in the same factory. Monoprice changed the design slightly (front-facing panel, different shape, High/Low inputs changed to single input and selector button) but otherwise it seems to still be the same amp.

For what it's worth, I prefer the look of the Monoprice. Would love to get my hands on one of these one day, but I don't really have any need at this point.

4. panacea

panacea New Member

I saw this thread the day it came up, and bought one just to use when friends come over. Tried it out tonite at our weekly jam. Very impressed! I thought it sounded great with my LP special. It didn't seem like the controls were very sensitive but I didn't really have time to mess with it much. It's an inch narrower than my blues JR and an inch and a half taller. looking forward to trying it with hum buckers...Mike

5. ydrive

ydrive Member

The 15W 12" inch was out of stock. I just ordered the 5W 8" version, but it may work out better in the home since tube amps sound better cranked up. I'll post back after I receive it. If it works out, I'll be selling my 5W Fender Champ XP.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018