my new copy....a Jay Turser

Discussion in 'SG Copies' started by Tom Schuster, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Tom Schuster

Tom Schuster Well-Known Member

new copy1.jpg

Aj Richetti and grausch like this.
  2. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

That's a hefty one isn't it ? Mine was real heavy. But it was the Custom, could have been different. Neck was baseball bat size too. But what a great guitar ! I let it go because the equal length horns started bugging me ... and I had two more SG.

Come on ... give us a report.

150430-10.jpg

Aj Richetti and grausch like this.
  3. Aj Richetti

Aj Richetti New Member

I came across a Jay Turser JT50 Custom..Turser..told me its a 2009..its a beauty..fully bound..Gold Hardware..stock 14:1 Tuners..the quality of Craftsmanship is professional quality..simply a beautiful guitar and it screams pure SG All the way..i would put the Jay Turser up against the Gibson SG standard any day..

DrBGood likes this.
  4. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

Hi Aj and welcome to ESG. You have to know that if we don't see your acquisition, it doesn't really exist for us. And we LOVE pretty pictures of guitars.

5. Aj Richetti

Aj Richetti New Member

The Jay Turser JT50 Custom SG is simply a beautifully professionally Crafted Guitar I put it up against a 2004 and a 2015 Gibson SG Standards the Jay Turser JT50 Custom SG simply out performed both Gibsons ..feel..tone and sustain the Turser took it hands down..mine is a 2009 fully bound..Gold hardware..stock 14:1 tuners two stock humbuckers 3 way switch simply a work of Art..a real Gem

6. Tom Schuster

Tom Schuster Well-Known Member

The only thing ive found with the jt that was a problem with my two epi sg's was the wire harness , componets.....the ones on the tursor sit in a area just about the same as the epi's vol and tone ect are but the componets are half the size. so im thinking ......i put a harness in one epi already....and this just whines and whimpers for the same upgrade.....although the sound is not to bad as it is.. Ill decide here sometime this month.......get that squank a crankin!!!!

ps....yes it is an little chunkier than the epiphones i have but not much and the same goes for the neck.........im just chunky all over .....lol.