(NAD) Blackstar HT40 MKII

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by J.LaGrassa, Oct 19, 2018.

1. J.LaGrassa

J.LaGrassa New Member

Picked up the HT40 MKII a couple of days ago GC has them on sale for $619, this amp can definitely Rock! :dude: it's actually quite versatile IMO. Love the fact that you can switch between all 4 voices with the footswitch and for home use use it in the 4 Watt mode, surprisingly the Celestion Seventy 80 speaker works well with this amp I ordered another one to put into my extension cab.

I thought about going back to Marshall DSL40 but I think the Blackstar is just as good, warmer Fat tone but still cuts great with the SG.

[​IMG]

Notabot, Clifdawg and plankton like this.
  2. Clifdawg

Clifdawg Well-Known Member

Nice score! Beautiful guitar too ;)

J.LaGrassa likes this.
  3. J.LaGrassa

J.LaGrassa New Member

Thanks, the SG Rocks nicely into this amp!

4. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

That Blackstar is on the short list for my next amp, glad to hear you like it. I've gotta spend some time at the shop soon going through this one and a couple others, using my SG of course.

5. J.LaGrassa

J.LaGrassa New Member

Got my new speaker in yesterday and installed it into my Seismic Audio extension cab, love the big sound with the added cab such a nice full tone. I know a lot of people cringe at the thought of the Celestion Seventy 80 speaker but it just sounds good with the Blackstar and a pair of them is even better.

I've tried for a while to find a small portable rig and have come to the conclusion that small and portable just doesn't satisfy my ears, I now feel like I'm getting back to what I like this rig is a lot of fun to play!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Notabot likes this.