NAD - Boogie Boogie Boogie

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by sheehanje, Feb 27, 2017.

1. sheehanje

sheehanje Active Member

I was selling my EBMM Majesty - a guy had a Mesa Boogie JP-2C he purchased only a couple days ago. Apparently he wanted to order a EBMM Majesty but it's on a long backorder right now.

Figuring he wouldn't be able to procure the guitar for about 6 months he offered the amp in trade. As a bonus, I found out it's a custom!

I dub thee "Purple Nurple"

purple nurple.jpg

Sweetums, lcw, Clifdawg and 2 others like this.
  2. oldrockfan

oldrockfan Well-Known Member

I haven't played that model but like mesa... really well built and usually good stuff. Be sure to post up your thoughts once you've run it thru its paces.

3. sheehanje

sheehanje Active Member

I actually already have a JP-2C - this is my second. I know it sounds crazy - but the trade deal was too good to pass up. I'm getting an amp worth about $400 more at used selling prices. New, they sell for about the same, but the Mesa warranty keeps the value up the first few years for trade and sale purposes.

Other than that - truly amazing sounding amp. It's John Petrucci's signature model, and while I'm not a huge Dream Theater fan, and have about an ounce to a pound of skill compared to him, he knows his stuff. Very versatile amp with Mesa's fingerprints all over it. A reissue of the Mark IIC+ - but with some more modern features. I've been playing through mine for about 8 months, and I really haven't felt the need to look at anything else. This deal was just too good to pass for me - I will sell my current JP-2c amp for more then I was selling the guitar I used to trade with. I usually don't make out on these deals because I'm impulsive - this one just happened at the right place and time... Kind of like the Marshall you just picked up.

oldrockfan likes this.