NAD! Jet Ciy JAC20H

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by sayeth, Sep 25, 2019.

1. sayeth

sayeth Member

It's been several years since I picked up a new amp, so this is an exciting one! I've been feeling like I needed to inject a new amp flavor into my playing, and as I've been upgrading my pedalboard, I didnt feel like I was getting the most out of them running the board through my Sunn SL260. Just couldn't quite tweak in tones I wanted.

So, I was able to make a trade locally for a Jet City JAC20H and a Traynor YCX12 cab. (I know I previously posted here asking about connection help, and thanks to everyone who answered!)

I'd say within a few minutes, I was dialed in and REALLY enjoying playing through it. It sounds great! I am new to Jet City, and while the amps are made in China, they are designed by Mike Soldano. I am able to get great cleans AND great distorted/overdrive tones from the amp either loud enough to gig, OR play in my basement music room without waking the kids up. It takes pedals very well.

Anyway, great amp, glad to have it in the arsenal... and here's some pics! The 2012 SG Standard sounds amazing through it, of course ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave, Clifdawg, DrBGood and 1 other person like this.
  2. HackeIommi

HackeIommi Active Member

HNAD Sayeth! Jet City amps are amazing for their prices! I have a 50-watt version with 2 channels and I am extremely happy with it. I bought and sold 3 amps but this one is here since 5-6 years. Takes almost every kind of guitars very well too.

3. sayeth

sayeth Member

Thanks! I absolutely agree, its exactly what I needed. I have never played one, but your're right, it takes all of my guitars and pedals so well. It'll be around a while!

4. Clifdawg

Clifdawg Well-Known Member

Awesome score! I've played the 22H once and was very impressed. I'd love to have a 100H, which is basically an SLO-100 that's made in China (and thus not 4,500 bucks). Jet City makes some really cool stuff. :thumb:

5. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

Congrats!

6. ScottZ

ScottZ New Member

I had a JCA20H and unfortunately sold it. They are well made with heavy circuit boards and thick traces and easy to modify. Look up Epic-Tones website, lots of great sounding mods.