NAD!! Marshall Origin 50 Combo

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by Logan, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

Bye bye Pro Junior. You will be missed. Not really. All in all, I paid $480 for this at GC with my Pro Junior, in like new condition, on trade. The amp costs $799 new, so I think I got a good deal. I sold my Taylor GS Mini to a friend too, which gave me the money needed to get this. MAN, it does everything I was hoping it would do. It gives you that Bassman cleans, but, the dirt is to die for. The power scaling is great too.
    [​IMG]
    It gives me ACDC, Greta Van Fleet, The Mighty Zep, and more in tone. Really gives you that vintage plexi vibe. The boost is nice too, allows you to get just a little more gain on tap. Way I use it with my pedalboard is go basically clean, tap the gain boost, and use a boost pedal to push it over the edge. Really works great that way.
    [​IMG]
    The power scaling, it goes from bedroom levels (if you were in an appartment, this wouldn't be the amp for you unless you gigged), to gigging levels. It moves a lot of air. I wouldn't need an A/C with this at full power because that's how much air it moves. It doesn't change the tone at all, it's basically a built-in attenuator. It's such an amazing amp. All in all, I'd recommend trying one out if you haven't. They are great amps.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  2. syscokid

syscokid Well-Known Member

Wow... This sounds like a cool amp for a reasonable price! Congrats... :thumb:

Logan likes this.