NAD/NCD: Mesa Boogie Mark V:25 and Mini Recto 1x12 Slant cab

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by lcw, Aug 12, 2018.

1. lcw

lcw Active Member

This thing is TINY but man does it rip! It's hard to describe the boogie thing in words. So tight right out of the box!

Got the mini slant cab also. Had I more funds I'd have also gotten the mini straight cab for a mini 2x12 full stack but that will have to wait. Now to break in this one ;)

Mark V 25 mini half stack.jpg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Dale and syscokid like this.
  2. lcw

lcw Active Member

Quick and dirty phone vid... the poor mic audio of the smart phone doesn't do it justice... take it for what it's worth...

Dale likes this.
  3. Dale

Dale Active Member

I love my V25.

lcw likes this.
  4. lcw

lcw Active Member

Made some small tweaks...

5. Notabot

Notabot Active Member

Your setup sounds tremendous! Tight and right. IMHO, I would suggest putting that slant cab on top of a Mesa 1x12 Thiele cabinet. You will add width and depth to that already fantastic sound. FWIW, in the last year or two I've cycled through 5 Boogie amps. Right now I have the Mark V:35 combo and it sits on top of a 1x12 Mesa Thiele cab. That setup takes no prisoners!

IMHO, Boogies allow us to create our own unique sound and yours is exceptional...

lcw likes this.
  6. lcw

lcw Active Member

Thanks man!... it's been a bit of a journey but I landed on something I really like.

Took near a year with a Marshall DSL40CR and a bunch of pedals and while it sounded good, still wasn't quite there. Lacked clarity. Very noisy between notes - like bleed-through is best I can describe. Over saturation in order to get the gain. Prior to that had a Katana for a year which was fun and allowed to explore a bunch of sounds and effects with little investment. Before that briefly had a Blackstar 40 (couple months), and then before than a Fender Super Champ XD which was an awesome little hybrid tube amp which I wish I kept.

In any case, the path led me to this. There's no substitute for a Boogie as they say. They are unique.

Eventually I may get another small 1x12 to stick under the 1x12 slant. :D

Voxman and Notabot like this.