Need some advice

Discussion in 'Epiphone SG' started by ghostwolf, Apr 19, 2013.

1. ghostwolf

ghostwolf Well-Known Member

It looks like there may be a NGD in my future, so i'm thinking i need a new SG. between the Vintage SG and the Faded, which is considered the better guitar? i recall reading somewhere about the differences, but my memory ain't what it used to be.

2. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

If you are talking about Epi Vintage SGs, only certain model years have binding . My 03 has the binding and hotter pickups than standard G-400s.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The faded is essentially the same as the standard with a faded finish, as I understand it . .
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

vonserke likes this.
  3. Barcham

Barcham Member

Actually, all the Vintage model G-400s have the bound neck. It is also a one piece neck and they have no veneer on the earlier MiK ones but I have seen some made near the end of the model run that were veneer covered. The newer models are simply called Faded G-400 although many vendors have never changed the description on their website and still list it as 'Vintage Faded'. The new ones do not have a one piece neck or binding.

If you are buying new, you will not find any of the genuine Vintage model for sale, no matter what a vendor's site may list it as. Unless, of course, you find a shop with some very old stock and it does happen from time to time.

vonserke and ghostwolf like this.
  4. vonserke

vonserke Active Member

Barcham, ghostwolf and Biddlin like this.