NEPNSGD!!!

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by Raymond Eriksen, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Raymond Eriksen

Raymond Eriksen Active Member

:D:rofl:Not Exactly Planned New SG Day!!!:D:rofl:

Woohoo! Yesterday I became the owner of a real cool cherrycolored (read : "Strawberry Jam") 2000 SG Standard!!! I've played it a lot, hehe, never in my life have I played a guitar to so much before paying for it!

My bandmate is not that into headdives and SGs, and this guitar hasnt been played by anybody but me the last 14 months. He mentioned selling this babe and that was it.:D I have aired the idea earlier, hehe... Oh yeah, I been wanting this guitar for a while, hehe. It plays real supernice and has got a beautiful "strawberry-jam" color, a very, very neat color I think.

Ive borrowed this baby at several rehearsals, used it for recording, and just like this guitar a lot. Its just sweet. The neck on this, I believe it is just slightly rounder than on my Standard 2018, but nowhere near as round as f.example a 1973 LP Deluxe Gold Top I once had. Actually I ve never noticed that the neck was a notch thicker than on my 2011 SG Special 60s Tribute or my 2018 Standard, and as I said, Ive liked this guitar the whole way and been wanting it pretty bad to tell the truth:D

The frets are pretty worn on the lowest area, but this baby is of course by far playable and ready to be burnin'! And most of the bucklerash here comes from me I think, hehe!

New very familar SG here, yeah:D
    Actually, if you wanna you can hear my new SG on last years single by my band SKADA here:

(the howls following the vocals in the chorus - thats this baby!:D

The pups are 498T and 490R - but not for long, hehe!:D
    Thats a 57 Classic for the bridge, there with the box, picked up today:rofl: Pickin up one for the neck next week! :D

Edit: Not to mention, its already been modded with Grover Locking Tuners!:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  2. GrumpyOldDBA

GrumpyOldDBA Well-Known Member

Wait i am losing track is this SG #3 now? Congrats!

Raymond Eriksen likes this.
  3. Raymond Eriksen

Thanks, man!:D Yeah, thats right, got me a trio of SGs now!:D
    Really nice deal, paid approx Ebayprice, which is around 700 Euro or, and I got it for 500 Euro. Unoriginal tuners, fretwear, dings and scrathes we agreed it was a good deal for both of us. I still cant believe its mine now. God damn, its so cool. Have to get a group pic of my trio uploaded her real soon:D!

This is just so cool!:D

4. Gahr

Gahr Well-Known Member

Gratulerer! Great looking guitar. You say you're putting a 57 Classic in the bridge. Would that be a 57 Classic+ or a regular 57 Classic? (Either way, great pickup!)

5. Raymond Eriksen

Takker! Gjør seg med en ny SG rett før jul, eller hva?:D Yeah, thanks man, me too, I really like the look of this baby - and its gonna sound equally nice with a 57 Classic! Thats a 57 Classic regular - superclassic SG-sound for this baby - I won't take no chances; you never know when you suddenly need that "High Voltage/1976-Angus"-sound:D

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 7:08 AM
    Gahr likes this.
  6. papagayo

papagayo Active Member

Nice SG Standard, turn the ABR 1 bridge in the correct position .

Locking Grover are not too heavy ?

7. Raymond Eriksen

Thanks! Grovers works just fine with me, as I read somewhere on the forum here: a big, solid leatherstrap helps! I like Grovers, the way they stay solidly in tune and the way they fine-tune so easily (and stays there.)
    Regarding the ABR: Yeah, I know, will do that.

Now, gotta throw some riffs here!:D

Edit: typo and cross-eyedness, hehe.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 7:24 AM