New Gretsch Streamliner w/ upgrades

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Wolfcoyote, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Wolfcoyote

Wolfcoyote Member

Hey, I was feeling like I needed a new guitar to fool around with, I found out that these new Gretsch guitars are pretty awesome and extremely affordable. It’s a streamliner in Torino green with aftermarket p90’s and locking grover tuners...I payed about $400 for it. Anybody fool around with these? I’ve heard they are awesome and quite worthy of the Gretsch monicker despite being 1/4th the price and made in Indonesia/Korea.
    001AC49C-871C-4BDE-AC3E-5B734001D8AD.jpeg FFAC8EEF-43AB-48E2-B829-D7D6558AA081.jpeg

2. Wolfcoyote

Wolfcoyote Member

This is actually surprisingly amazing...

3. NMA

NMA Well-Known Member

I dig the color.
    Put a white pickguard on that and she will really shine.

4. Worblehat

Worblehat Well-Known Member

Congratulations in your new guitar. Looks really cool!

I never really was interested this kind of guitars until I saw a G2655 in a shop recently. The semi-hollow with the smaller body (ES-339-like). Immediately caught my eye with an awesome looking finish. And it felt really great. Good ergonomics. Unfortunately I got turned off when trying it on a strap standing up. It was too unbalanced for me. Too much neck dive due to the super light body.

Yours with the larger body and bigsby is probably better balanced.

How do you like the Pickups?

5. Wolfcoyote

Wolfcoyote Member

The pickups are good, very clean and balanced like a fender single coil...it’s weird though because I love my Gibson humbuckers way more...they just growl. But this guitar is more about a clean ‘pretty’ sound for when I’m not playing devil music.

Worblehat likes this.
  6. richey88

richey88 Member

Get thee behind me Satan! I bet you could rock some devil music on this.....