New guitar day

Discussion in 'Epiphone SG' started by purple dragon, Jun 30, 2020 at 10:37 AM.

1. purple dragon

purple dragon Member

I have fore a long time wanted to try the 2020 epi line up and now i got some and i must say i am really Love them and hope epiphone dont start to cut corners.
    All 3 out of the box just needed to be tuned upp and they was ready to go.
    All 3 really resonate good and i feel the vibraction all up to the headstock.the paint feels diffrent like a middelground betwin nitro and poly.i guess they have change the formula or put thinner coast on.
    My ti custom did come with some issues it did miss the cerficate,the knob on the horn was damage and i guess the store did try to fix it but they did A poor job and it not In correct place.its also got some scratches and ressidue.other wise its AS good AS it can be.good feel on the neck etc.
    The lpc is just perfeck nothing more to say really
    The sg standard with vibrola is AS also AS good AS it gets.perfeck from the factory i have tried the vibrola and light dive bobs and still 4 days later In tune.only bad i have to say about it is the veenier.to me its not looking the best and i woued prefer it they did not add it and just keep it AS is with 3-5 pices its made off.to me that woued look better but that is just cosmetic and nitpicking because its a killer guitar In sound and feel.

Yes its got the wrong name/headstock and not the nitro finish and not made In USA but epiphone is making In my eyes some really gibson killers here and i just hope they keep at it.so people please keep playing your epiphone with pride

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 2:08 PM
  2. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Congrats and enjoy your new guitars. They all look great in the photo. I suspect the finish issues with the TI can be polished out.

purple dragon likes this.
  3. Norton

Norton Well-Known Member

boooooom. quite a dangerous team, those are!

purple dragon likes this.
  4. purple dragon

purple dragon Member

Thank you.yes finish issues is a no problem i coued posseble polish it out or AS i orginale intended to refinish it In red.the wrong placment on the horn is also something i coued fix but since its missing all the paperwork i cant buy it at full price and it seems the seller just want me to return it,and i most likly will.just hope they dont want to try to sell it AS new again since its clearly a b stock that was returns.perhaps i shoued try to contack them again and Ask more direck wath they are willing to sell it fore if i want to keep it and buy a new one AS well,perhaps they will sell at a price i can acept.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 2:21 PM
  5. purple dragon

purple dragon Member

Thank you.yes it is if you add a p90 sg you more or less got the dream team.i am really Happy about this trio.

6. tolm

tolm Well-Known Member

Oooh - that white custom is lovely. New headstock shape looks GREAT with the binding, too.