New Guy from Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Weaselcoon, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Weaselcoon

Weaselcoon New Member

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Caleb and I live in Eastern Oklahoma. Long time guitar player but new to the SG. Always been a Fender guy but I picked up a Epi G-400 for cheap over the summer just to see what SG's were all about. Within a week or so was sort of like "oh ok, I get it now".

Fast forward to this last Christmas and my lovely fiance surprised me with a Gibson SG Standard. Its just an awesome instrument. I love it.

So I came across this site and figured I'd better join up. I'm gonna need someone to talk about SG's with and I know no one else in real life that likes them as much as we do.

I look forward to learning and sharing with you guys and gals.

2. arcticsg

arcticsg Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. [​IMG]

Congrats on the new SG. Happy NGD to you. [​IMG]

3. Sam Gant

Sam Gant New Member

Hello Caleb.....sounds like your fiancé is a real gem.
    Post some guitar pictures when you get a chance, we would like to see what you are playing.

4. Worblehat

Worblehat Well-Known Member

Welcome, Caleb!

I think what you described is exactly what a lot of people here have experienced. First not really attracted to the SG, but as soon as you give it a chance there is no going back. And that's how you end up here on ETSG and with one or more SGs in you stable :D
    I have two of them now and I like them so much that I don't need any other guitars.

Oh...and we crave for some photos of you new guitar. I mean you didn't even say what year and color it is. At this point we have to assume that it actually does not exist :cool: