New ideas I've recorded.....

Discussion in 'Jams, Audio & Video Performances' started by wolfzbane, Oct 10, 2006.

1. wolfzbane

wolfzbane Member

Ok, trying to get to know the Fostex MR8-HD I've recorded these 3 little takes.
    They are little riffs and parts I've been playing lately. Might eventually end up as songs, not sure yet.

http://spott.dmusic.com/music/

It's the 3 most recent ones named:

- Pedestrian Warts
    - Hanging Hammers
    - Shark Surfing

Created using the Fostex MR8-HD, the PODxt and the Boss DR-3..... guitars used were the Faded SG with 57s, the Yamaha RGX-A2, the lesPaul Studio Faded and the LTD H-400. Bass is Yamaha RBX374.
    No amps were armed during these recordings.

You can stream or download them.
    Comments are always welcomed.

2. vic108

vic108 Well-Known Member

Wolfzb,

Very good! The guitars, bass, and drums sound great.

I'm impressed with the drum programming ALOT.
    They sound alive. Is that unit hard to program?

I listened to some of the other stuff on the site too = cool!

3. wolfzbane

wolfzbane Member

Thanks for the nice comments.
    The DR-3 impresses a lot a people so far with its realistic drum sounds and cool beats.
    From what other people say it's supposed to be real easy to edit and create your own beats and even whole songs with it, but I haven't tried any of that yet.
    All I've done so far is use the "Auto" pattern mode and it has served well to lay down generic drum parts so I can record my ideas.
    I'll eventually read the manual carefully and try to construct my own beats (although I'm no drummer). I think I've read that it can take midi files through either its midi connection or a usb port. Will check that out.
    Each drum beat has its own bass part that plays along with it..... I've simply muted them out. But a lot are real nice too and are perfect for jamming or practising. You can easily transpose the key the bass is in in to fit your playing. All in all a pretty nice drum machine.

4. vic108

vic108 Well-Known Member

Very cool unit, it sounds like!
    Thanks for the useful info and keep the tunes coming!