New member here

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by DJGranite, Dec 7, 2019.

1. DJGranite

DJGranite New Member

Hi all,
    new to this site but not SG's.....
    got several amongst my herd.
    I'm a member of several forums, but every now and then I have a reason to join an
    new one.
    Today is one of those days.

I just got a new to me SG....
    It's a 1991 Gibson SG Celebrity limited edition 1 of 200.
    a few issues though.
    The original owner didn't care for the "tuxedo" look and changed the pick guard, truss rod cover, poker chip and knobs to black!
    This is about half of what made it LE.
    This is what makes it a limited edition.
    Ebony color paint, gold hardware, ebony fretboard, White knobs and truss rod cover, poker chip and a white pickguard with the word Celebrity engraved between the neck pick up and the neck.
    oh yeah, a stamp on the back of the headstock of a Top hat and cane with the words "Celebrity Series" .

Generally forums demand pics or it never happened...
    00K0K_9moSkqhUjJu_600x450[1].jpg 00e0e_gRgp76NpxVF_600x450[1].jpg 00k0k_fzZYfLwzXuD_600x450[1].jpg 00G0G_7PZYCwygX15_600x450[1].jpg
    this how she looks right now...

this is what I'm in search of,
    jqlzmaqqwntfr3nlyjjq[1].jpg

did I mention they only made 200 of these?
    you know, 28 years ago!
    I realize I'm looking for a Needle in a haystack, but before I try to get a "trophy" place to try and engrave a pickguard, I thought I would beat the bushes a bit seeking an original.
    So there it is.
    Anyone got a line on one?????
    PS. I know the tailpiece isn't original, it's from a 70's Les Paul, and I like the fine tuners.
    I'll probably pick up a stop tailpiece and just leave it in the case.

2. arcticsg

arcticsg Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard! [​IMG]

Congrats on your new SG! [​IMG]

I like my SGs mostly the way they originally came from the factory in the "looks" department. If you can find all the Gibson original parts then I say go for it and make it original again.

Otherwise make it yours and do whatever you want to it. ;)

It would be nice for those that like to mod their SG to keep the original parts with the guitar so they could be put back together the way they were original built at some point. But on the same token, I sometimes do buy those parts that have been removed, like the complete GForce tuner set up with new battery I just picked up for practically nothing. :D

3. DJGranite

DJGranite New Member

thanks for the welcome and thanks for the congrats.
    I am looking for the parts but with such limited number of this model I am probably going to have to get them made.
    I like it as it is, so if it doesn't work out, I'm still going to be a happy camper.
    yeah, I wish I could remember what happened to the Shaw-bucker I took out of my les Paul when I "upgraded" to a Duncan 30+ years ago....
    ah well ...

arcticsg likes this.