New pickups day : 2017 Probuckers

Discussion in 'Pickups' started by DrBGood, Oct 1, 2018.

1. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

I got a set for $20. They now replace the Alnico Classics in my Epiphone LP Ultra 1. Huge improvement. So much so, that I am putting up the Tribute Plus for sale.

Crazy you'll say ? Nahh ... the Ultra has all I want in a LP. Light chambered body (SG weight) with a generous belly cut and a nice C shaped neck. The only weak point was the Alnico Classics ... well, not THAT weak, but enough for wanting to look for something better.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    Clifdawg, dub-setter and Gahr like this.
  2. Clifdawg

Clifdawg Well-Known Member

The Probuckers are killer pups. I always laugh at the folks who drop 490s in their Plus Top Pros and claim that it made a "huge" difference and drastically "improved" the tone.

Had an LP Plus Top Pro for a while before I sold it (at a massive loss) to buy a particularly toneful Takamine acoustic... That was the best playing and sounding Epi I'd ever owned. My favorite was the SG, of course. ;)

DrBGood likes this.
  3. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

Wow, what a great find in these Probuckers ! Absolutly nothing to envy to the Gibson 57's in the Tribute. My Ultra was a keeper from day one, it now cast shadows on my SG (don't tell anybody).

Cheap thrills for $20 !