New/Replacement pickguards?

Discussion in 'Epiphone SG' started by Husky33, Nov 13, 2017 at 2:29 PM.

1. Husky33

Husky33 New Member

New to this site, but i like it! Never new until today there was a place just for SG lovers hah

So i mildly regret painting my pickguard years ago and kind of want a replacement for my G-400. Every site i looked up so far either doesn't have a G-400 style, or they're really not reputable at all. Thanks for any input!

2. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Depending on what kind of paint you used, it might come off with an application or two of polishing compound. Or just water if it is acrylic.

3. Husky33

Husky33 New Member

Sadly I thought ahead when I painted it. I used a pretty good acrylic with a few layers of clear coat to make sure it didn't come off. And it doesn't really look bad, just not what I want on it right now. A bit of sentimental value to it.

20171113_121549_HDR_1510600792871_1510600979300.png

4. Chubbles

Chubbles Active Member

Can be a little tricky. There are sg pickguards available. Generally 2 types: one for a more narrow space between pickups, and a wider space (called a 64 sg I think). Check Amazon, look for ones with measurements to compare to. Don't necessarily buy there.

Husky33 likes this.
  5. Husky33

Husky33 New Member

Thanks for the heads up! That's a little something I wouldn't have learned the easy way normally.

6. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

7. Chubbles

Chubbles Active Member

I ordered 3 real cheap (3.50 each) from Amazon. It had the measurements for the wide spacing of pickups. It came from China, it was the other type. I even quoted the distance in comments. Amazon said just keep it, no charge. Lol. You usually get what you pay for.