New to ESG, but not to SGs!

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Darrin Kirby, May 2, 2019.

1. Darrin Kirby

Darrin Kirby New Member

Hi folks!

New here (but have done some lurking over the years). I've been playing off and on for 35 years, pretty much steady for the last 25 (yet somehow I still kinda suck!). I currently own 3 SGs (one standard, one special, one MIK Epi Custom). Tonight I'll be picking up an Epi Iommi G400 (the earlier MIK version with the smaller inlays).

I'm a home player. I jam once in a while but nothing serious. I build tube amps as a hobby. I'm a tweaker so most of my guitars are modded - usually pickups and electronics but I do hardware upgrades on my imports also.

I have a bunch more guitars of all sorts. I also have about 10 amps, most of which I built (with the exception of a Fender Blues Jr and a Laney GH100TI). Again, all manner of stuff.

I wouldn't call myself a pedal junkie, but I do have a dozen or so (several of which I built or modded).

It seems I spend more time tweaking, modding, and building than playing!

My dream SG would be the JayDee Iommi Sig. I don't know if you've figured it out, but I'm a bit of an Iommi fan. :)

Kirb

DanB, DrBGood and arcticsg like this.
  2. arcticsg

arcticsg Well-Known Member

Hey, welcome to the board! :smile:

Feel free to post pics, we like pics ;)

Btw, I could go for a Jaydee Custom AY myself :D

3. DanB

DanB Active Member

Welcome Darrin to the SG Board! You seem to be an SG fanatic so you will feel real at home here! Good luck with your new Epiphone SG, hope you enjoy it!

4. Chubbles

Chubbles Well-Known Member

Welcome! !

You're not alone. Many of use are very much into the gear (setups, mods...). The trick is to stay just as interested in playing.

Darrin Kirby likes this.
  5. Darrin Kirby

Darrin Kirby New Member

I'll get to the pics! I've got a few kicking around but nothing current. I plan to revive/upgrade the Iommi as it is a little roached, but plays great. I'll probably post some pics of that process (if I can remember to take them!).

6. DanB

DanB Active Member

Welcome Darrin to the SG site. You'll have to post pics of your new Epi SG and also let us know how it plays. I have played a Gibson SG for 40 years but I bought it to replace an Epiphone (not an SG, don't even remember the name of the model!). Epiphone also makes some nice SG models, particularly the model you are buying. We are all one on this SG site, Epiphone, Gibson so welcome aboard!