New (used) Amp Day

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by sheehanje, Sep 17, 2018.

1. sheehanje

sheehanje Active Member

Hello EverythingSG - it's been a while. So I went from a full modelling setup (Line 6 Helix with StageSource FRFR) to a more traditional setup. I quit my band over a year ago, and went from a ton of gear to just my trust SG and now this amp since I've stopped gigging:

Mesa Rect-O-Verb 50 Combo

IMG_20180915_154526.jpg

Amazing and totally underrated amp from Mesa - this is a series 1, which loses one mode in the high gain channel and doesn't have a bias switch to go from 6L6 Tubes to EL34's (which isn't a big deal to me, I like 6L6's in a Mesa). Absolutely the simplest Mesa amps I've ever owned, yet surprisingly very versatile. The tone is simply amazing, and even though it's a rectifier series amp, these have their own life and sound compared to their bigger siblings. From clean or pushed blues, to blistering metal. Just a great amp, and I almost didn't see it. After initially settling on a really good Marshall Combo, I saw this when going to make a deal. As soon as I plugged into it, I knew I found my new amp... I almost want to form a band again!

Clifdawg, Girl_Rock and syscokid like this.
  2. syscokid

syscokid Well-Known Member

That's all you need right there! Congrats on that killer Mesa... :cheers:

sheehanje likes this.