Nextone Version 2

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by plankton, Jun 29, 2019.

1. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

They've just released an update for both the firmware and the editor software with heaps more features. You can now tweak the EQ in several places along the signal path. There's a parametric or graphic EQ both before and after the preamp, another to tweak the power amp response, a global amp EQ and the BMT tone stack on the panel which can be assigned one of two American or two British flavours. Basically you can make this thing sound like any amp you want.

There's also additional boosts/drives for each channel, the ability to assign separate delays, tremolo and reverbs to each channel and a library function for sharing patches.

As it's always been, it's not for those that want a bunch of different models quickly accessible from a menu. It's a two channel amp with basic effects, but you can set it up to sound like any two amps you want. And if you need a different two amps for another situation then you simply load them on from your laptop ahead of time. Mine is currently set for tweed deluxe and classic Marshall type sounds, but I could have a chimey Vox clean and Boogie distortion channel, or anything else I wanted.

Most importantly, it sounds really good. If you've tried one in a store and didn't like it that's because the real secret of this amp lies in the editing software. But once you spend a small bit of time dialing it in, you're good to go. Anyone looking for such a thing, I strongly recommend you give one of these a go.

fos1 and Worblehat like this.
  2. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

A few bugs have popped up, nothing major, but I imagine Ver. 2.1 isn't far away. :fingersx:

Otherwise it's a great upgrade to an already really good amp.:dude:

3. HackeIommi

HackeIommi Active Member

Seems like a good modeling amp. Can be useful on stage too.