NFL Playoffs

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by plankton, Jan 14, 2019.

1. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

Any football fans here? I know we've got a Steelers fan, but what about the rest of you?

Down here very few people follow American football, so I don't get to have much discourse, or talk any trash.

Once again my Patriots are in the mix, after being dismissed again. People never learn.

I know many hate the Patriots, and to be honest if I wasn't a lifelong fan I'd probably hate them too. But you have to respect what they've accomplished, especially in this era where things are setup to create parity across the league.

So any KC fans here? That's going to be an epic game. Saints fans? I really hope they win. I'd love to see a Pats/Saints Super Bowl, because no matter who won I'd be happy.

Let's hear it football fans!

Worblehat likes this.
  2. donepearce

donepearce Well-Known Member

London, helping a friend design a knitting machine
    I would be but here in London we don't get any coverage apart from the odd NFL game played at Wembley Stadium. The whole of central London puts on a show when that is in town.

plankton likes this.
  3. syscokid

syscokid Well-Known Member

Now that they are back in Los Angeles...

...GO RAMS!!!

plankton and gball like this.
  4. Chubbles

Chubbles Well-Known Member

I'm from Philly. :facepalm:

plankton likes this.
  5. syscokid

I feel for you... That was a sh!tty way to end the season for them. I feel bad for Nick Foles, too.

plankton likes this.
  6. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

Fight me.

plankton likes this.
  7. Worblehat

Worblehat Well-Known Member

Go Seahawks!
    Too bad they lost that wild card game. They really got up to speed during the season which gave me high hopes.
    I know what you mean. I didn't have a lot of people to talk about American Football here in Germany for a long time. But it's getting more and more popular nowadays. For three years now 2 or 3 games are broadcasted every week during the season live on TV here. Before that we only had the Super Bowl once a year, so I am very happy now.

I am usually no big sports fan and don't care for soccer which is by far the most popular sport here. But American Football is so much fun to watch and very interesting! Still remember the first game I watched which was the Super Bowl of 2003 (Buccaneers vs Raiders).

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    plankton likes this.
  8. syscokid

Are you pist off cuz they left St. Louis?

Just like the Cardinals did...

Yup... no more NFL teams for St. Louis!

Logan and plankton like this.
  9. plankton

It seems like people really get into it there. Back when NFL Europe existed it seemed like London was one of the more viable franchises in terms of fan support. I think the NFL has been toying with the idea of having a proper team in London, but the logistics would be tricky.

I still find it funny that LA went from having no team to having two, and both have done really well this year. I would assume that the Rams would be the more popular team because of the history. There's probably lots of fans down in San Diego and St Louis who are still pretty annoyed by the whole thing.

A tough loss to finish the season, but at least you guys won it all last year, and I don't even mind that they beat my team to do it. It was such a great ending to an amazing season for the Eagles last year and they deserved to win that game against us.

Interesting that we've heard from Rams, Seahawks and Eagles fans. Do you know what all of those teams have in common? They all lost to the Patriots in the Super Bowl. :rofl:

Pity there's no KC fans, I was hoping for a bit of testosterone fueled chest thumping with someone. @Logan , since your team took off for LA maybe it's time to jump over to the Chiefs as they're likely the next closest team geographically. It's a good time to get behind them as it looks like they may be quite good for years to come. Just a word of warning, Andy Reid's teams always choke in the big game, just ask @Chubbles .

Logan likes this.
  10. syscokid

I actually like Coach Reid. And the Chiefs have some awesome players. Pat Mahomes II is the most exciting quarterback I've ever seen. I hope he stays injury-free for the duration of his career. Next week will be a rematched against the G.O.A.T.
    … GO CHIEFS!!!

… Until they play the RAMS of coarse!

11. plankton

There we go.

I like Andy Reid too, he's a good coach and his teams are always competitive, they just always seem to fall apart when it really matters.

Mahomes is amazing to watch, and I too hope he has a long and great career. My wife is sure that the Patriots are going to acquire him in the future to replace Brady.

I've also always liked the Chiefs, such a great group of fans that stick with their team no matter what.

But this week, screw them! GO PATS!!!!

syscokid likes this.
  12. michaelinokc

michaelinokc Well-Known Member

Let's go Chiefs! I think it's finally our year. :)

syscokid likes this.
  13. NMA

NMA Well-Known Member

This is what I am rooting for:

[​IMG]

I don't care if he played for the hated Cowboys, I root for Mahomes. He is the best thing to happen to sports since Jordan.

I'm a New Yorker and here we do not root for teams outside of NY. But....

Mahomes was brought to my attention years ago when he was at Texas Tech. I tuned in only because Pat Mahomes' father played for my NY Mets. What I saw was the most astonishing thing I had ever seen in sports. Michael Jordan was great...but he was still playing something that resembled basketball. What Mahomes was doing had nothing to do with football. He was revolutionizing the game. I saw the guy throw for 750 yards in one game! A QB throws for 300 yards and it is an outstanding day, this guy threw for nearly 800 yards! And his arm...oh, man! One thing he hasn't shown NFL audiences yet is his flick pass. At Texas Tech he used to have his arm down by his side and simply flick the ball downfield. 50, 60 yards downfield simply by flicking his wrist! My jaw would drop. Yes, his connection to the NY Mets was the reason I started to watch him, but that was soon replaced by his astonishing performances.

My little nephew who first told me to watch Mahomes pulled a fast one on his fantasy football league. He had first pick this year....and he picked Pat Mahomes. He said everybody laughed, but he knew what Mahomes could do because he watched all those Texas Tech games with me. We love Pat Mahomes. And soon he will be the biggest star in all sports.

Let's go Chiefs!

14. plankton

One things for sure, there're going to be a couple exciting games this weekend. Theses are two of the best Championship round matchups I've seen in awhile.

GO PATS!

15. NMA

NMA Well-Known Member

Anybody have any guitars that match the helmets of the teams?

If the Rams go with the gold, I have this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If the Rams go retro with the white, I have:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chiefs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the other teams. Any guitars match these?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. plankton

17. iblive

iblive Well-Known Member

Don’t watch much NFL anymore. Just not really interested. If I do root for someone it’s gonna be Da Bears. I am from Illinois after all. I will watch some college ball. Specifically Northwestern. Watched them win their bowl game this year.

I do watch baseball. Been a Cub fan by default. When I started dating Mrs. IbLive way back in the 70s I was moving into a family of Cubby fans. Had I not become a Cub fan, that may have been a deal breaker with her dad.

18. plankton

Wooo Hoooo, Super Bowl bound again!!! :cheers:

Bring on the Rams, who are the franchise we beat to win our very first Super Bowl so many years ago. I hope we're "underdogs" again like we were in that game. :rofl:

bgh likes this.
  19. bgh

bgh Member

Long-time Patriots fan. Started following them when they were the Boston Patriot back in the infancy of the AFL.

I've seen many a lean season since then. I've definitely enjoyed this run.

Go Patriots!!!!

plankton likes this.
  20. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

I like Super Bowls where I don't have a dog in the fight. All I have to do is drink beer, eat chili, enjoy the commercials, half-time show and mock the players and refs. Zero emotional investment.

plankton and arcticsg like this.