NGD, Epiphone SG Custom for a refresh

Discussion in 'Epiphone SG' started by Nop, Aug 21, 2014.

1. defaultoprime

defaultoprime Well-Known Member

at first glance, the thumbnail looked interesting... then... my god... just nasty...

Thank you for righting the evil that was done to this guitar...

Nop likes this.
  2. peejaybee

peejaybee Well-Known Member

White's nice if you can't find Pelham Blue.:dude:

Seriously, though, Nop, you are doing that instrument a huge favor. I said I could dig that green if it were done well, but that one *wasn't.*

Nop likes this.
  3. Nop

Nop Member

I can't wait to play her !
    It's an horrible thing to get a new guitar looking at you everyday, but that you can't play... I hope she'll sounds good :D

4. JohnnyGoo

JohnnyGoo Well-Known Member

Looks good Nop.i think those customs look best white

5. Nop

Nop Member

Today it's a bit like a Christmas day !
    I think i'm going to rebuild the guitar today... So picture of the finished should come soon :naughty:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. MKR

MKR Well-Known Member

cool. love the witchhat retro knobs.

7. Nop

Nop Member

Here come some pictures of the "finished product".
    As you can see, I don't put the 66 black pickguard for now. I have to drill holes on it for the tune-o-matic, and I have to admit that I don't have proper tools to do it now :dunno:
    Sow she's going to still like that for a little moment.
    The paint job is not perfect, but I did all my possible to bring her in a better state than the day I bought her.

The back of the neck is not painted, but the feeling on it is PERFECT ! I just stain the wood, to make it a bit darker thant only "nude wood".
    I hope you'll enjoy to see some BAD pictures of her... Don't throw me stones :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also have to get new gold scews, I put the old ones for now, but some have that f*ckin ugly green paint.

I don't know if you sometime have this feel but, I dreamed about this guitar for weeks, I work on her so many time, she was a bit like my baby... But now that I have her... I'm a bit disapointed. I don't know why, but it's a bit like this wasn't a good idea, and I just should exchange her for another SG, like a low cost Gibson SGJ or I don't know... Am I the only one to feel like that some time ?

eS.G. likes this.
  8. JohnnyGoo

JohnnyGoo Well-Known Member

Heck Nop that looks really good.i like it.give it awhile before you trade it off.maybe it just needs set up or somethin till ur happy with it.dont know what kind of pick guard ur talkin about that you have but put a full black batwing pickguard on that thing and it will look fantastic.im sure the Epi pickguard is different than the Gibby.maybe not.anyhow it looks alot better than the green.good job

9. Mr. Happy

Mr. Happy Well-Known Member

That looks just great as it is... I wouldn't do any other "mod" to the guitar.

Rock it hard n' loud!

10. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

Looks amazing. THe finish is excellent you did a super job!!!! If she sounds and plays as good as she looks you Sir have made a HUGE SCORE! Congrats.

11. Nop

Nop Member

Thanks for the comments, i'm happy to see that my work on it please some people.
    It's the first time I do this kind of work on a guitar, so it's not perfect, but it was a good experience.
    I still don't know if I keep her, or put it in sale (at the beginning I bought her with the goal to sell her and get a p90 SG).

There is Before/After pic

[​IMG]

Bettyboo likes this.