NGD Fender Stratocaster Professional

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by DFLCC, Jan 9, 2017.

1. DFLCC

DFLCC Well-Known Member

Walked in the local GC last weekend and was blown away by the looks of the 2017 Fender Stratocaster Professional. I grabbed it and felt so right. The finish is flawless. The aged white of the plastic fits perfectly to give the guitar a vintage vibe. Unplugged it rang long and loud with very nice acoustic resonance. The string vibration could be easily felt throughout the guitar. I connected it to a used Blues Deluxe and was even more impressed. It sounded big, full and noiseless/humless. Chords were very clear making each note distinguishable. The professional series is replacing the standard line up now giving Fender the opportunity to reintroduce itself by adapting a few improvements that indeed could impact the market. It futures several upgrades; true bone nut, Vintage Modern Pickups w/compensated string poles, Deep C Neck, insert and lock tremolo arm and; aged pick-guard, back cover, knobs, tremolo arm tip and pickups covers. The salesman did something that I have not witnessed before; took the guitar to the tech and had it set up before I was willing to buy it. I tried it again and the feeling of rightness was cemented. The improvement after the set up was minimal but noticeable. My wife refused to let me buy it and I almost had a heart attack, but I put it on layaway and went home, posted a few instruments and an amp on Reverb and the local Craig's list. I sold it all and was waiting for the Reverb money to clear and it this morning. I managed to bank some good dought, so today I went and picked it up. Ah yeah! and the Fender Blues Deluxe too.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

John61, ratsalad, ninjaking67 and 2 others like this.
  2. ninjaking67

ninjaking67 Well-Known Member

Nice! I will have to check one of these out!

3. deMelo

deMelo Well-Known Member

Very good one, they're basically an American Standard guitar with the slight improvements you listed.

Probably some of the best guitars for the money nowadays. You definitely get what you pay for with those.

4. jjudas

jjudas Well-Known Member

Very nice guitar! I love Stratocasters and SGs! Thanks for posting.

5. DFLCC

DFLCC Well-Known Member

Rattling sound out of the amp. Tested the tubes and they check good. Got really upset. Replaced the speaker with the one from my Blues jr, it check good. I got more upset but them remember I had 45 days to return it, so I did. The people at GC did not even care, "the speaker is blown? Ok we don't have other use one but if you want a new one just pay the difference or we refund you the money hope that is cool". No only that bu got me $100 off the new one and I payed an additional $108 with taxes and off I went. A yeah and I was happy again. NAD!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017