NGD from France (Standard 61 Maestro Vibrola)

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by No2, Dec 22, 2019.

1. No2

No2 New Member

Hello everyone, delighted to be able to integrate the forum with an NGD post.

I've been reading you for a long time, have gone through a huge number of threads and have taken three years to decide.

That's it, I'm finally the proud owner of a Gibson SG Standard 61 Maestro Vibrola. It meets all the criteria after moments when I almost fell for a special SG 2016 HP vintage sunburst (this color, these horns ... It makes me hot), then a special SG 2017 (I love the mini humbuckers ).

In the end having had the cash to buy these beautiful when they were marketed I waited, waited ... And saw with joy the SG Originals collection this year.

The SG Standard 61 has everything I have ever dreamed of. These deep and devilish horns, this timeless red. I ended up cracking.

This thing is ..... Ultimate.

Beyond my poor technical level and my lack of equipment (purchase of Blackstar amp ht5r MK2 in progress) this guitar is a kid's dream, realized at 37 years of age (children's dreams often come true with adult financial capacities) hahaha). It sounds phenomenal, is beautiful, the handle is crazy, the level of class of the maestro is madness (simple ornament, I do not use it where little), it is heavy (much more than I thought, we feel quality), the finishes are excellent and ...... It smells good.

I wanted to thank you all for your contributions on this forum which helped me in my thinking before embarking on this historic purchase for me.

It is always a pleasure to read you, so as you have contributed your advice and expertise in the SG universe to guide my choice, I wanted to share this with you.

Happy NGD!

Friendships from France.

Sorry for my english level I got help from a friend, google is his name

Attached Files:

bwotw, syscokid, DanB and 8 others like this.
  2. Chuteboxehero

Chuteboxehero Well-Known Member

Beautiful guitar! Also the HT5R is a pretty nice sounding amp! I had a Vintage 30 sitting around that I swapped in to my MK1 HT5R to replace the stock speaker and it actually sounds killer. Anyhow hope you enjoy the new SG. It really is a sweet looking guitar.

No2 likes this.
  3. pancake81

pancake81 Well-Known Member

Stunning

No2 likes this.
  4. arcticsg

arcticsg Well-Known Member

Congratulations, what a beauty!

Happy NGD to you! [​IMG]

No2 likes this.
  5. Norton

Norton Well-Known Member

Vive la France!

Nice Sg

No2 likes this.
  6. pancake81

pancake81 Well-Known Member

Sometimes mahogany has this beautiful dark shade (streaks) to it within the fiber of the wood. And when this happens and it is turned into a guitar with a beautiful nitro finish, it shines through with such beautiful elegance. That is exactly what you have going on in that beautiful guitar sir.

I am not always a fan of red SG’s, but when this happens it is truly the most beautiful color out the there. The richness, the depth, the transparency that allows you to see the pores and tones of the wood. Kills me.

I have a 61 that has this beauty as well. From this perspective I have tainted it with signatures. I have no regrets. But this guitar in a nude state does have a beautiful look.

Enjoy that guitar sir.

[​IMG]

No2 and arcticsg like this.
  7. gypsyseven

gypsyseven New Member

Congrats and welcome neighbor!

No2 likes this.
  8. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

Bienvenue #2. Real nice SG !

No2 likes this.
  9. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Member

Sweet. Play it in good health.

No2 likes this.
  10. papagayo

papagayo Well-Known Member

Bienvenue, belle SG que tu as là.

No2 likes this.
  11. No2

No2 New Member

Thank you all.
    A detail that makes all the difference.

CITES regulations on precious woods imply drop-by-drop arrivals in certain markets, including France. I wanted this model but faced with the lack of availability in my country I was less regular in my day by day watch on the websites of retailers.

After three weeks without going on the web, I see it, available in Paris. I call and reserve the red thing.

3 days later I go to the store, test and buy this wonder.

I go home and open the hard case compartment. What a surprise by consulting the quality check certificate .... my new evil axe came out of the production line on .... 19/08/2019 aka the date of my birthday.

nice coincidence for an "impulsive" purchase don't you think?

So as much to tell you that beyond its intrinsic and musical qualities, it now has maximum sentimental value !!! Destiny, beauty was promised to me!

Gahr, bwotw and gypsyseven like this.
  12. gypsyseven

gypsyseven New Member

You lucky guy! Keep that guitar forever and rock it!

No2 likes this.
  13. Bettyboo

Bettyboo Well-Known Member

Lovely guitar, looks fantastic - I really like the vintage cherry that Gibson are putting on some guitars (over the heritage cherry), just looks classy, imho.

No2 likes this.
  14. DanB

DanB Active Member

Bienvenue! Votre SG est tres belle! Vous ecrivez tres bien l'anglais!

No2 likes this.
  15. Bettyboo

Bettyboo Well-Known Member

Blimey, Dan, are you one of those mystical multi-lingual Americans one hears about? :thumb:

(I often wish I paid more attention in language classes, just didn't seem much motivation for it back in the UK - now I've lived the last 18 years abroad, I wish I'd had a stronger foreign language base...)

16. No2

No2 New Member

Despite posting in english is the rule on this website, it seems especially that SG is a Universal langage haha :dude:

DanB, Gahr and papagayo like this.