NGD! Furch OM30sm Acoustic

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Kabrijj, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Kabrijj

Kabrijj Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know... acoustic guitars on an SG forum?

[​IMG]

But I had to share this anyway.

Picked up this SWEET OM style acoustic on Saturday:
    10.jpg

It's made by a company called Furch, who I had never heard of prior to this one.

7.jpg

They are made in the Czech Republic, and I've heard them likened to "Europe's Martin"

5.jpg

At any rate, it had been at a local used shop for a few weeks now, and every time I went in I played it. It's so lightweight (4.6 lbs), the action is perfect, and it sounds killer. Nice & crisp, not too boomy like a dread...

1.jpg

I'm not much of an acoustic player, so the REALLY nice (read: expensive) guitars are probably something I'll never own -- nor need to. Martin HD-45? Too nice for me (not to mention totally outside my budget).

6.jpg

This one, though? Man, it's like Goldilocks: just right. Not "blingy" at all; I really dig the small, understated fingerboard inlays, and the binding adds just the right amount of class.

8.jpg

The previous owner added some Schaller GrandTune tuners with rosewood buttons. Me likey! They also put in a pickup, so this is the first acoustic guitar I've ever owned I can plug in.

I'm really stoked on this one... more-so than I thought I'd ever be about a "grandpas guitars." The tone is really spectacular, and I love the way the notes blossom and sustain (I fear I tread dangerously close to cork-sniffing, wine connoisseur-esque hyperbole with my description here... but damn if it ain't true!)

11.jpg

Everything I've read points to Furch as solid guitars, despite their relatively unknown status. And ultimately, I don't foresee ever wanting to sell this one. It will, in almost certain likelihood, be the last -- not to mention first -- "nice" acoustic guitar I ever buy (besides being broke, I don't consider myself talented enough to merit a 4 figure acoustic!).

Just wanted to share the most recent addition. :cheers:

(FWIW, I didn't take these pictures, but this is MY guitar -- these pics are the ones the shop took; the lighting in my house is too poor for good pictures by the time I get home from work)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  2. iblive

iblive Well-Known Member

Nice find. I for one happen to like acoustic guitars.

You don't have to apologize for posting up an acoustic. Virtually everyone on this forum has at least one acoustic in the family. Many like me started with an acoustic. I'd been playing guitar for nearly 40 years before I bought my first electric. And don't forget. We all love to see guitar photos here.

3. syscokid

syscokid Well-Known Member

Nice guitar... for an acoustic... :facepalm:

Just kidding. That really is a nice guitar. You did very well... congrats... :cheers:

Kabrijj likes this.
  4. syscokid

syscokid Well-Known Member

Oh hell-yes this is a nice acoustic. Mr Mark Lucas has a beautiful touch on this guitar:

5. WallaceWinston

WallaceWinston Active Member

Looks like a nice furchin guitar.

Kabrijj likes this.
  6. Kabrijj

Kabrijj Well-Known Member

Don't worry, I was being very sarcastic/tongue-in-cheek there while "apologizing" for the acoustic. :cool: If I was truly hesitant to post, I wouldn't have... but I assume that most of us here are, like me, in that we love to see nice guitars -- no matter what style.