NGD - Got the Dot!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Gahr, Feb 20, 2015.

1. JohnnyGoo

JohnnyGoo Well-Known Member

$_1-2.jpeg I just bought my 3rd Epi Dot two days ago.a all original second year in production 1998 Korean made Epi Dot in natural color.i also own a Black 1999 Dot and a bought and never played 2001 Cherry red model.i play it lol. $_1.jpeg

2. Gahr

Gahr Well-Known Member

You got the hots for Dots? That is one beautiful guitar.

Apart from the looks, would you say there are big differences between the three?

3. JohnnyGoo

Well Gahr ive not got the natural yet but i will say YES,i can tell a little difference in the neck of the 2001 over the 1999.and the Black 1999 weighs a hair more than the 2001.i can just tell.i also just replaced the plastic ill spaced string nut on the 1999 with a Graph Tech Tusq nut and it made a big defference.it sounded good before but sounds superb now.the 2001 Cherry Red one i bought from Atlanta Vintage Guitars was bought new and put in a case and never played.it sports new Grover Nickel Keystone tuners and nickel Tonepros bridge and tailpiece.

4. JohnnyGoo

For the money ya cant beat um.all mine are pre 2002 Korean Unsung plant made. Samick made .love them

5. WavMixer

WavMixer Well-Known Member

This is the one that has caught my eye

[​IMG]

6. Gahr

Gahr Well-Known Member

And it's a beauty too! The natural finish is great. I say go for it. I haven't had mine for long, but it is most definitely a keeper.

7. Mike Kay

Mike Kay New Member

Here's my Dot. It's a faux Gibson via a 1980's GTX. I reshaped the headstock to match my 67 SG special and added other Gibson touches such as pups, new pots and wiring, and the Bigsby with the Towner bar. The headstock has a lamination that mocks up a Gibson logo. I guy in the UK sells these. I even cloned the sticker inside to match my long ago sold 1968 335 that I sold back in 1983 to make rent.
    photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG