NGD - Reverend Manta Ray

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by SG standard, Aug 9, 2018.

1. SG standard

SG standard Well-Known Member

I've been interested in getting a Manta Ray (or Tricky Gomez) since I discovered Reverend guitars a few years ago, but it didn't happen, and with the state of the £ they'd become a bit pricey for me at £799. But every now & again I'd look online and wonder about buying one - especially after Reverend dropped the turquoise finish I really liked.

Then, a couple of days ago I spotted Andertons had reduced the prices down to the level they were a couple of years ago. I don't know why, they're not even listed as reduced, which is weird, as dealers usually stick a 'reduced' sign on anything they can. I gave them a call, they knocked a few £ more off, and so I ordered one. Would've seemed rude not to. :)

Seems to have the same high standard of finish I've found on other Reverends - but I've not had much of a chance to play it so far, it came late in the day, and an hour or two after my Gordon Smith GS1000 was returned to me - in fact, a completely new build, so I've ended up with two new guitars in one day. Oh well, they're likely to be the only ones I buy this year.

I'll post more pics & comments after I've spent some time with it:
    [​IMG]

2. syscokid

syscokid Well-Known Member

Another very nice Reverend! Congrats... :cheers:

SG standard likes this.
  3. koaguilds

koaguilds Well-Known Member

Those manta rays are sweeeeet! Especially the turquoise ones. I wanted to get one but it wasn't in the cards....yet.

SG standard likes this.