No soliciting sign on door

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Biddlin, Oct 16, 2016.

?

Door to door peddlars:How far should I go to get rid of them?

1. Polite request to leave

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Firm demand to leave

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. Turn the hose on them

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. Use taser or other non-leathal force to remove and dissuade them

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  5. Beat them into insensibility with a broom handle

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  6. Other (specify)

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  1. frankd

frankd Well-Known Member

Bill Jordan and Jeff Cooper my top mentors as far as philosophy shooting it was ED then Jerry.
    Jordan just a all round bad ass with some stories to match and beat mine he also loved his pit bulls.

2. frankd

frankd Well-Known Member

RVA likes this.
  3. chilipeppermaniac

chilipeppermaniac Well-Known Member

Another very influential and savvy man, Massad Ayoob

[​IMG]

4. alexander paul

alexander paul Well-Known Member

anybody that knows me knows to go around back because we never respond to the front door...

[​IMG]

frankd likes this.
  5. Metal89

Metal89 Well-Known Member

I always check the peep hole so I know just how many people are knocking, if it's more than one and I'm not expecting anyone, I won't answer. Even when I do answer I have my 357 magnum snub nose loaded with hollow points holstered in the waistband of my pants.

I've practiced firing this firearm with no hearing protection in the event I had to use it. I live in a small apartment with my fiancé and my daughter. I'm not taking any chances, I have a 12 gauge and a 9mm ready to go just in case the worst of the worst happens and they are in separate rooms out of reach of the little one but where either one of us can grab it easily in case someone tried to kick in the door.

I've worked for Harris county jail as a detention officer and overheard enough conversations from inmates to justify my paranoia.

But I do like the tazer idea for the mental image that came to mind of a Jehova's witness that knocks and the door swings open, witness gets two words in before ending up in the fetal position and spazzing from being shocked while his buddy runs faster than he ever has in his life down the sidewalk.

frankd likes this.
  6. frankd

frankd Well-Known Member

But safe than sorry Metal you know them fools in Htown can be loco. Dope fiends and bangers aint always the brightest bulbs in the box
    either . I remember a while back in northwest Harris county a whole family was murdered gangster style and the cops was puzzled
    it was a apparent gangland style mass slaying this was a upscale neighborhood and these people owned no guns and had
    no known problems are enemy but one cop is smart he hops in his car drives to the next street up from the main entrance
    and be damned if like 8 house's down on the same side the street there was a guy with flashy Mercedes and sports cars with a
    moving van grabbing and going fast as he could why he was the target. The bangers had drove by the daytime cased the place
    came back at night to do their hit High as kites and went one street to far went to the eight house on the left killed a entire innocent family.
    Police knew the other guy had prior drug convictions and was suspected of being back in the biz and didn't pay his bill.

Metal89 likes this.
  7. frankd

frankd Well-Known Member

Y
    eah Massad was a protégé of Bill Jordans
    That's Massad on the left.
    [​IMG]

8. Metal89

Metal89 Well-Known Member

Yup, you don't even have to have enemies or any beefs with anyone to be a target. I just refuse to be a victim.

ScottMarlowe likes this.
  9. chilipeppermaniac

Massaad has some serious courses and some fellas from my shooters forum have attended. They attest to how tough and thorough it is. Also, no BS when it comes to educating participants in what to expect if you do have to do the ultimate deed in today's litigious environment.

10. alexander paul

i have a what i call the "facade tree"... about 5 years ago i planted 4 pine trees precisely measured to the inch @ 10 feet from my driveway... there was also another older tree about the same distance from my driveway... i get home to the older tree completely "boogered up" & the 4'th pine flattened with the branches sheared off on one side... in my door was a save your soul advert... i stood the pine back up & it looks fine from the street... the "backside" is starting to fill back out so it's a facade tree...

[​IMG]

i'm reticent to discuss weapons online...

11. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

So these folks REALLY WANT YOU T STAY THE FVCK AWAY!
    [​IMG]

12. chilipeppermaniac

Good one ESG. AND Understandable, Alexander

alexander paul likes this.
  13. Tony M

Tony M Well-Known Member

The dog tells them to go away.
    They usually listen.
    If they don't I tell them.
    Enough said on that.

Biddlin likes this.
  14. WavMixer

WavMixer Well-Known Member

Your wife is correct and you should not use a garden hose on them. If you are going to do a job, do it right and use a fire hose. Not only will you get them wet, but the force of the hose will back them off of your property!

15. Hector

Hector Well-Known Member

If it's people peddling the afterlife, I just ask them to leave. To me, religion is bullshit.

If it's products, that really depends what it is. I had someone come by a few years ago (yes, years.. I'm on the 4th floor of a stairs only building, so it's a bit of a climb). It was a nice older lady who was selling cleaning products. I took her catalog but that was all.

The black guy (Asylum Seeker) who opened the door and walked into my apartment was a different story. He was making to push past my brother (who saw him coming up the stairs), the guy claimed he thought it was part of the shop downstairs (yeah, right). My bro called my dog. I was cutting vegetables when I heard my Bro call the dog, which wasn't in a normal tone of voice. So I took her by the harness (she was a BIG German Shepherd) as she was walking towards the front door and walked to the top of the stairs, not knowing what was going on.. The black guy saw me (a big bloke) holding onto a giant dog with one hand, and in the other was a 10" chef's knife. He shat himself and left.. Later we found out that he had removed a bottle of what looked like whiskey from our neighbours fridge that is in an alcove on the 2nd floor landing. He had opened it and taken a big drink... But he couldn't read that Vietnamese writing for Fish Sauce... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JohnnyGoo likes this.
  16. frankd

frankd Well-Known Member

Evidently yes look all
    the mail is in the mail box F the bills right. But theres is beer bottles all on the table empty. And then look in the right window
    Looks like hitler with a peace sign thrown up and a DEMON SKULL DRAWING UNDER THAT yyep I turn walk right off that porch and just
    keep going.

JohnnyGoo likes this.
  17. frankd

frankd Well-Known Member

\

Bro you gotta read my stuff and learn to tell a proper story details way more details.
    So let me try too put this together you planted some nice new trees along your driveway
    and some HOLY ROLLER Ran them smooth tha FOOK OVER and then had the balls to walk up to your door and leave their
    calling card yeah I would tracked them down called are shown up at the holy get down revival and
    had them come back and Plant me some new trees then I would have [after they finished]
    the work let them know not to ever never ever show back up on my property or it might be more than trees getting planted.

18. alexander paul

my guess would be that they left the literature first & didn't know how to back a car down a long driveway backwards (hint, turn around & look) & took out 2 trees...
    you do have a point being they left a "calling card"...

[​IMG]

19. Bettyboo

Bettyboo Well-Known Member

Biddlin, you wasted an excellent opportunity to show them your ***** and invite them in for a satanic sex ritual; maybe that's just a British thing?

20. WavMixer

WavMixer Well-Known Member

Have I ever mentioned that purple is my favorite color?

eS.G. likes this.