NPD: Hotone Wally+ Looper

Discussion in 'Effects' started by Worblehat, Sep 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Worblehat

Worblehat Well-Known Member

Just got my first looper. I had a few models in mind and eventually settled for the Hotone Wally+ (btw. its pronounced "Hot Tone" :naughty: ).

Its a great little thing!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I tried the Boss RC-3, the EHX 360 and the Hotone at a store. I liked the EHX 360 a lot for its simplicity, but I was looking for more recording time and USB as I want to use it not only for looping but also for on the fly recording of whole songs. On the other hand the RC-3 has too many features and is a bid too complex for my liking. I don't need it's drum tracks.

Instead I instantly fell in love with the Wally+. Has all the features I need (multiple memory slots, hours of recording time and USB) but still a dead simple interface. Feels sturdy and even my girl friend likes it because "it's so cute". :thumb:
    It has true bypass. When activated I hear a difference in the tone (gets a little brighter), but I don't mind.
    The foot switch is perfect. It has light "click" to give you feedback, but it's still very easy to toggle.

The only point of criticism I got is that I need a specific software to transfer the tracks to the PC. I don't like that, especially because I am a Linux user. The Boss RC-3 seems to be the only looper that does not require additional software.

So all in all: I can absolutely recommend the Wally+ :smile:

Does any one have experience with other Hotone pedals? They seem to give a lot of bang for the bug.

Attached Files: