Oh The Humanity...........

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Norlin SG, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Who buys Volkswagens anyway? After that whole "let's cheat on our smog test" thing they're rep got hosed pretty good.
    Nobody cares what you "like", fraudster.
    [​IMG]

2. Norlin SG

Norlin SG Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Modern day Panasonic is not your old 1980's Panasonic. Today they are a major OEM suplier to several manufacturers such as GMC, Ford, VWAG, Lexus and many Asian brand cars.

Panasonic has 2 tiers of product. Base model systems and Premium systems. Premium systems from their website: http://business.panasonic.com/solutions-automotivesolutions-audiosolutions?sc_sp=business-category_featuresAd_solutions-automotivesolutions_Audio Solutions

I'm not angry really, just a little puzzled as to why people believe that Panasonic's "for the masses" designed "Premium" Fender system has much to do with Fender Musical Instruments.

Actually, I do have a VW and the Panasonic OEM system in it sounds pretty decent for a base model system. Certainly much better than the Fujitsu Ten base model system in my wife's Camry.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  3. Norlin SG

Well, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry#By_manufacturer

I agree. With Diesel gate and with the nose bleed expensive and problematic EPA mandated emission equipment on the 2009+ TDI's (Diesels) sold in North America, I'll probably never buy any VW TDI newer than my 2006.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  4. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

I don't have to believe that Wheaties are gonna make me a great athlete to not be offended by the pitch. They're selling widgets. These days I think Alpine or Kenwood when I think great car audio.

5. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

Bose Panaray.

6. Norlin SG

Integrated with the vehicles acoustics, a total of 34 speakers many in arrays, DSP and most likely class D amplifiers. Not sure of the amps being Class D as Bose does not even refer to the systems total watts.

From the reviews I have read, the system sounds amazing. What is your take on it's sound quality and user interface?

7. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

Best 8 minutes I have had at a Cadillac Dealership
    BETTER than being AT THE CONCERT .....sound is amazing.....

8. Norlin SG

Just a matter of perspective me thinks. I'm a little older than most here at ETSG and the world is a lot different now than when I was coming up. Would explains why my perspective is a little different than most. I posted mostly to get others perspectives and really it's been educational.

Would I buy a car with a Fender/Panasonic system in it? If I like the sound sure, why not? In the end the merits of the product are what sells it, not the marketing. Hey, and if it sells more cars, you have got to figure that the royalties are making Fender's bottom line a little rosier.

Back in the day I seemed to favor Blaupunkt which was German made back then. The system I had in my 89 Jetta was bi-amped with an active crossover sending signal to 2 amps. 4 tweaters, 4 mids on 1 amp and a mono 10 inch sub on the other amp. It sounded amazing and could get very loud and still was really clear and articulate.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017