... On To New Buisness.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Six String, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

With the Photo Contest coming to a close at the end of this week, now what do we do as an encore? The Pix Contest for Rocktober was a great idea! Now we need to find out what the next photo contest will be.

There has also been a fair number of members active on the Jam/ recording section..... how about a member vote for "the best mp3" entry?

How about "The Most Outrageous Use Of An SG"..............? In 50 words or less, describe your most outrageous way you've used your SG.........................................

How about it? Any others.........................? 8) 8)

2. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

i'm afraid my most outrageous use of an SG wouldn't be fit for print.....

how about the best line to say when someone asks you to play your SG?

3. CharlieB

CharlieB Active Member

I'm of the opinion that another contest ought to be several (6) months away.

However...

I do like the brainstorming approach... comin' up with ideas for a quality product, with innovative promotion to our membership and readership.

I've got arranged, but have not yet done an interview with Bryan Boots of pickguard fame. I'd like to get that done before too long, as well as persue some others. This summer, even spring and even now.. has been "the summer from hell" at work, but the light is at the end of the tunnel for that.

My thoughts are trying to come up with a way to more integrate the fantastic web page offerings we have, with the forum. Get some spillover from one to the other... mutually beneficial of course.

I'm convinced a good web page offering gets em in here. Also convinced that the web pages are being underutilized by folks. One such use is the condensation and promotion of Teewoofs SG project, which I've also been working with him on.

So... any ideas along that line, or others... bring em on!

4. TNT

TNT Active Member

[quote author=CharlieB link=topic=5025.msg65597#msg65597 date=1131586743]
    I'm of the opinion that another contest ought to be several (6) months away. 
    [/quote]
    I second that opinion!Or a year..whatever.

How about having a everythingsg.com sponsored booth at a NAMM show? Members could display their babies at the booth and we could meet each other!

5. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

how about "miraculous mutha's" most outrageous use of an SG??...heheheee...if even 2 of you know who i mean i'll be amazed!! HA!

i know what you mean about not crowding the contests together and such ceeb, but there are a lot of things that would make interesting side/fun contests....like the most unusual placement of an ESG sticker...heheheee....a scuba diving forum i know has there's in some very unusual places all over the world!..(inside toilet seats on cruise ships seemed the most popular......dunno why!!

(check yer PM for another idea....hehehheheeee :evil:

6. Six String

First of all CB, I hope that the light at the end of your tunnel is not just somebody lighting farts...........................  ;D ;D

But Cerially folks...................... your comment about an interview is interesting. What, where and how would an interview be done? Like a regular thread and then copied in? 2ndly, who can get and submit an interview? Anybody? 3rdly, can the "ETSG membership" thing be used to maybe get one into a position to get an interview of interest? If this can be done........ we would end up with "reporters" gathering SG related info across the world!

What do you think?

7. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

sixxer don't know who miraculous mutha is......

8. CharlieB

CharlieB Active Member

Well.... right now, I've been the sole reporter, and nothing to report. I do have the DazBootsman thing lined up. The interview is up to the person BEING interviewed, and he agreed to 15 minutes or so over the phone... which I'd have to record ie, on speakerphone.

My idea there was to showcase some work of his, maybe get a picture of him to go with it, have the interview.. that sort of thing for hte web pages.

9. Six String

You posted before I could get mine up.................................... or does that have something to do with "miraculous mutha".............................?  ;D ;D

10. CAR59

CAR59 Member

Well..Since we're still waiting on sixxer to get his up, i'll post.....

DaBootsMan has agreed to 15 minutes has he? What the hell is that? I mean i can see it if he was MR. Dumble himself, i would think he should be Mr. Humble and hope you'd want to know everything he had to say. Talk to him for 15 minutes about originality and then hang up. Word is the freakin Doof wanted some guy to send him his origional '68 Melody Maker pickguard to make a pattern from and still charge double for the extra work!!

11. CharlieB

CharlieB Active Member

comments from the ***** gallery again