Orange Amps

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by Rozman62, Dec 19, 2012.

1. frankd

frankd Well-Known Member

Hekett Dt is a nice amp Or Is more versatile though JMO.
    Sootio Or has a decent enough amount Of HR for me. JMO.
    JOJO checked out your stuff nice some of it reminds me of early soundgarden.
    47 you HAVE A HEALTHY DOSE OF VITAMIN C.
    AND VERY NICE PICS.
    FRANKD

2. jojo68

jojo68 Active Member

Damn !!!!!!!

eS.G. likes this.
  3. Sootio

Sootio Well-Known Member

FrankD, that OR15 will rock your world.

4. frankd

frankd Well-Known Member

Thats watt I want Its watt I need !!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy New Member

I owned a TH30 for about a year and while it sounded good I never thought it was great. To me it is more of a modern sounding amp and the lack of a full EQ made it a bit of a bugger to dial in just right for my sound. It has plenty of gain on tap and in 30 watt mode will keep up with just about anything out there. I ended up selling it because I just didnt feel like fidgiting with dials anymore. I have been checking out the OR15 for a while at a local shop and to my ears it sounds more classic Orange than the TH. The gain rolls up and down very nicely and it cleans up with the guitars volume a lot better. The only reason I havent grabbed it yet is because I am just too indecisive.

6. frankd

frankd Well-Known Member

thanks MonkeyB
    Yeah I havent grabbed one yet only becuase I want a new workhorse guitar
    first then the Or I spent more time on it last sat could find my new gat tho
    almost just bought the OR probably should have i dont think i can beat it at
    its price point either.
    thanks frankd
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNKREV0qtkE&NR=1&feature=endscreen[/ame]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  7. deMelo

deMelo Well-Known Member

Chalk one more up for the Orange dudes.

I recently got myself a 35 watt Crush Pix, and it is very good at home and in small jams.

[​IMG]

8. Paul G.

Paul G. Well-Known Member

Don't have one, but I like 'em -- and I ain't Heavy Metal at all. I'll get to AC/DC or Zep territory sometimes, but that's as far as I go.

I did test out the OR15 extensively, as I'm thinking about getting the little thing as a backup amp -- something to leave in my car "just in case". Definitely workable at club levels as long as you're talking almost clean, not pristine.

I set the volume full on, then brought the gain up to suit. Gain at 9:00 you're pretty clean and 3D sounding, and loud enough for small clubs. Gain at 11:00 you're in classic rock heaven. Past noon it's not for me, but it sounded full and smooth.

P.

9. TonyA

TonyA New Member

Yeah, they're okay. Here's my 1975 OR120 and 40th Anniversary PPC 4x12 loaded with Celestion G12H30's:[​IMG]

alexander paul, jojo68 and Kris Ford like this.
  10. Natural Burst

Natural Burst Member

I’m a recent convert to Orange amps. I was over my Blues Jr and wanted something different (a bit of a story but not for this thread). I wanted a similar wattage amp with an effects loop and no reverb, something simple and old school. I had no knowledge of Orange but stumbled across the OR15 while reading another forum. Purchased the last one from a local dealer without even bothering to play it (I’m a bit of a risk taker). Fell in love with the first note! Wow, simply a stunning amp. Beautiful sounding at every setting, the effects loop does something special and sounds awesome. The distortion is to die for but I tend to spend the bulk of my time with clean and effects plugged in. One very minor gripe is the effects loop picks up artefact sounds from pedals too well, sweeping hiss from modulation effects, hiss from buffers. It’s not an inherent problem with the amp because when I short out the effects loop it is totally noise free. It seems to be very sensitive to amplifying all noises presented by pedals.

Love the OR15 and can’t get enough of it.:wow:

I have been a Fender and Marshall user for the last 22 years; I own amps that are foundations and markers of amp tone. The OR15 totally flipped my lid!

So… in quick succession I purchased a Micro Terror for shits and giggles and am mightily impressed (at the price too, cost less than a boutique distortion pedal). Then I purchased a CR60C and am totally impressed. It’s about the best multi-purpose home-use amp I’ve ever owned. It’s a damn fine sounding “tube” amp in it’s own right but better still it’s an amazing sounding solid-state amp. I love it because it’s a simple plug and play amp with no warm up and is so easy to get good tones from.

Orange is Orsome!:thumb:

KoA likes this.
  11. AngusMadeMeDoIt

AngusMadeMeDoIt Well-Known Member

If im just at home and not wanting to be too loud I too practice with a crush. It's got a headphone jack and sounds alright just for goofin around.

Attached Files:

Kris Ford likes this.
  12. CATMANDUE

CATMANDUE Well-Known Member

I've tried out a Tiny Terror and, Dark Terror. I like them both but, the Dark Terror more. I recently picked up a Micro Terror.

[​IMG]

AngusMadeMeDoIt likes this.
  13. lunchbox

lunchbox Active Member

Love my OR15. Here's my rig:

[​IMG]

14. Kris Ford

Kris Ford Well-Known Member

Nothin' wrong with that! I had a Crush 15 as an interim amp..here's a lil trick..if the @0 is built the same way, take the orange covered back panel off..makes it sound bigger, fuller and less boxy..:thumb:

My only experience with tube Orange amps was in the studio..my Marshall SuperLead was picking up a radio station so the engineer suggested that I try the Rockerverb 30..I couldn't get my sound out of it no matter what.. just weak compared to the Marshall..but have heard other models that sound killer! No Orange hate here, but with a vintage Marshall half and a Class 5, I'm set for amps.

15. jeremy

jeremy Active Member

[​IMG]

I love my Dark Terror, absolutely everything i want in an amp. Just perfect for me. Well, i lie, i need a headphone jack hence the HT-1R.