Orange Dual Terror?....

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by Chenosaurus, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Chenosaurus

Chenosaurus Member

hey everyone,

so my usual amp of choice was my trusty Laney Ironheart IRT60H paired with a IRT212 cab. its been KOed for some time now (literally down to me not finding time to fix it or take it for repairs as i dont drive)

i have been thinking of getting myself an orange dual terror. Not exactly for replacing my trusty ironheart, but mainly to aid in taking an amp head to shows using public transport...

i have played quite a few at shows, ive always been impressed by the quality and power, but i havent really played around with the settings much...

from your personal experience, would you recommend this head as a good long term investment?

Ray likes this.
  2. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

Hell yes!! (Im gettin one too next year!)
    Heres what I think of it :

http://www.everythingsg.com/threads...-then-i-get-this-other-amp-which-rocks.35076/

Awesome amp, in every way.

Chenosaurus likes this.
  3. fos1

fos1 Member

My local music store carries Orange equipment. The sound is amazing. I am not a tube snob but it sounds incredible. I have the Katana and it just doesn't have the sound of the Terror....

As an aside, their cab are made out of plywood not particle board. A big plus for me.

They are expensive, though.

fos1

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Ray and Chenosaurus like this.
  4. Chenosaurus

Chenosaurus Member

Awesome read. That's exactly my reason for wanting one. Killer tone and one of the most well built amp heads!

Ray likes this.
  5. ungarn

ungarn Member

The Orange tone is kinda love hate, some can't handle the fuzzy dirty tones. Be sure to try the OR15, that is my favorite small Orange amp. On a budget the solid state Crush amps provide good value.

6. Epiphan

Epiphan Active Member

The smaller orange tube amps are great (so are the > 30 watt versions, but they are also big, expensive and way louder than most people need). The TT is simple, easy to use and sounds killer. The Rocker 15 is a little more versatile with two channels and built in attenuation/power cut, effects loop etc. The one I would like to try would be the Jim Root #4 with the rockerverb voicing.