Orlando International Guitar and Music Expo

Discussion in 'Upcoming Events' started by Alex, Jul 6, 2005.

1. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

[quote author=Voxman link=topic=3214.msg81418#msg81418 date=1138494687]
    I thought that the Orlando show was as big as Philly but based on the diagonal pic it seems quite small. Just to walk thru Philly slowly without stopping takes 2 hours!
    [/quote]

im guessing 16000 sq feet, roughly 150 sellers.

2. vic108

vic108 Well-Known Member

Voxy is right about the Philly show.

I'd say a good 2 hours to BREEZE through and more like 6 hours
    if you take your time looking but not stopping to try what you
    want. To do that, you NEED 2 days for sure!

3. paradox

paradox Active Member

A few more pics of the show...

I was able to make it to the Orlando show today, I had to go to just check it out (Hadn't been to one of these ever!)  I kinda had the same feeling as phil,
    disappointed in that I thought the show would be bigger - However, I spent about 2 hours there and had a good time.  It appears some of the amps that phil has pictures of were long gone when I arrived there at 1:00PM!!!!

If I duplicate anything phil had, sorry you'll just have to see it twice!!!!

[​IMG]
    A Fine 67 Junior

[​IMG]
    One of those laminated Korina SG's - I kept looking at that one....

[​IMG]
    Some figures for the Ozzy/Rhoads/Zakk fans!

[​IMG]
    Never found out what year this white one was, but If I had the coin....

[​IMG]
    Vox might find a few good caps here - the guy said its vintage(original) stuff??? Nice looking gal with em tho...

[​IMG]
    The 300K standard, couldn't believe I was that close to it, just had to touch the expensive firewood...

[​IMG]
    This one was only 45K, says something about a conversion??

[​IMG]
    I thought this one was the Gem of the show, a 61SG for only 7K, a previous owner had put a larger pickguard on it.  I thought it had been patched up pretty good were the holes were left, there was also an issue with mismatched PAF's.  In any case it had no neck/headstock issues and I thought it looked great.  Now if I just could have told the kids, no college for you!!

4. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

i went around twice.  the first time very quickly as i was hoping to find a standard and that was my mission... once that produced zero results then i slowed down to absorb what was going on.  the crowd doubled while i was there so it got very thick in the aisles trying to move so it i pretty much had no choice but to move slow.

it was very well put together... im dissapointed that i came away empty handed.  

there certainly were NO deals to be had.  if anything i thought the guitars were a bit overpriced.  i wonder how negotiable prices are at these things being that ive never bought from one.

there were some nice eppy LP standards new and priced about what they would be at GC and i sure thought about one of those for a few minutes but i heard collective voices in my head from here "dont do it" so i didn't.

attendees seemed to be 70% older than me, 25% about my age, and 5% young players moving around.   that surprised me.  some interesting looking characters for sure.

one viking fan noticed my cap and that resulted in my only non-guitar related conversation.  one bears fan being obnoxious that i ignored.

there were posted flyers of recent stolen guitars up which i thought was a great idea.  i suppose the thought that someone might be trying to sell one there is not a new one eh?

5. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

whoa how did i miss that $300K standard? zoikes!!

dox you arrived as i left then... maybe we passed in the lobby?? damn

6. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

Tom, you should see about an "ETSG Press Pass" for members that cover the shows.................... ;)

7. paradox

paradox Active Member

I wasn't sure if I was going, it was a last minute thing phil.  I should have PM'ed ya my cell # a day or two in advance...

[​IMG]
    I was thinking of you when I saw this new standard phil.  But they wanted $979 for it.  Add a hundred bucks and you can get one that hasn't been taken out and played with.

[​IMG]
    Here's the only decent tube guys stuff I found, but I was really disappointed here, he said he sold out of all of his NOS 6V6's in the first hour!!!
    Damn it!! He said he had some metal ones left, but I didn't go for it.  I did grab some NOS 12AU7's for a current project tho!!!!

8. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

i saw that standard but i dont want an ebony. heritage cherry for me!

9. paradox

paradox Active Member

ah - I didn't see a HC new one there either.  If it was at that same price you'd do better to just get a new one.
    Good thing your eppy voice got to ya, I'd stay on that standard trek!!!
    I was actually keeping my eye out for something with a floyd rose (eek) for cheap.  I couldn't even seem to find one!!!! 
    Kinda funny 5 yrs ago there were everywhere!!
    I don't remember seeing these (the checkerd and blue one one second table that is....)

[​IMG]

10. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

im sitting here thinking about going back in the am and look for that LP you posted.  crap how did i miss that...

as for the floyd rose, i dont see what everyone doesnt like about those.  the licensed version of it on my ibanez RG is fantastic.  i have yet to yank that sucker out of tune.  i can hold the darn guitar up with it too.

11. Voxman

Voxman Moderator Staff Member

Jees I woulda been all elbows, arms and ... well you get the idea ;D at the parts dude! ;) :roll:

12. paradox

paradox Active Member

I should have loaded up on tube sockets, he only wanted $2.00 a piece for the ceramic/gold ones!! He had a buttload of
    KT66's but I don't have anything that takes a 6L6/KT66!! He had some EL34's that I almost bought, but I don't have anything
    that takes those either!!! I figured I could get the tubes first ... then the amp! There was a 50w MV marshall head I didn't get a pic of,
    guy wanted $600, I started at it for quite a while..

phil, I had a kramer with a floyd I sold quite a while ago - I wish I hadn't - I didn't play it often, but it was cool when you wanted to do some young EVH and the likes.
    I couldn't believe how that guy had the cases set up for the expensive LP's - they were hanging off the table, I was afraid I was gonna knock one over - then oh ****, there goes my house, my car, my wife....

13. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

cover me fellas... i'm going back in ;)

14. TNT

TNT Active Member

Shouldn't that Korina have pup covers to be "mint"? :police: They wanted over three thou for the Junior? :o Yikes! Are the prices set or do they bargain?

15. Voxman

Voxman Moderator Staff Member

Ok Phil ... hang in there! [​IMG]

16. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

welp day 2 was less attended than saturday was. a lot of guitars had been sold and most of the amps i took pics of were indeed gone. there was some signs of price slashing starting up and a few vendors were already starting to pack up around 2 pm.

i have a few more snaps to show here in a couple mins.

17. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

[​IMG]

another shot of the $300,000 1958 burst that dox posted.  i have laid my hands upon it.  like dox said, every valuable guitar on this guys table was hanging over the edge looking like it was just waiting to be knocked off.  i asked the guy if he wasn't nervous leaving em lie like that and he looked at me like i was bothering him.  sheesh.

18. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

[​IMG]

the rings on this thing are a little warped.  for the price ya think you get good ones.

19. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

[​IMG]

speaks for itself.  eddie arnold eh... $10,000

20. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

[​IMG]

another dealer had one of those dragon PRS guits too so i took a closer up shot of the inlay work on the top there.