Post your SG!

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by theNARDdog9, Jun 20, 2012.

1. theNARDdog9

theNARDdog9 Member

The title says it all; everyone post pictures of your SG!

Feel free to comment on other peoples pictures, but remember everyone: BE RESPECTFUL...

Alrighty then, lets see those guitars! :dude:

I'll start it off with my 2005 Gibson SG Faded modified with Schaller strap locks, Sperzel locking tuners, a dark grey pearloid pickguard, chrome top hat knobs and 57 classics! This thing is a beast! I'm also considering adding a maestro/lyre if I can find a vintage one cheap enough. If theres anything I dont love about this SG its that in certain lightings, like the one I took the pics in, the top doesnt look super well matched with the rest of the guitar. I understand the Fadeds are supposed to be cheaper, but a 1 piece body would have been nice (though to be honest it really is just the lighting. Until taking the pics I never even noticed that the body wasnt very well matched--it has always looked great to me!)

She's not much and she still needs a lot of work and some parts, but she plays great and sounds awesome...now, lets see some more SGs! :thumb:

BTW, I'm new here. Names Clayton and I've been a member at MLP for quite some time....thought it was finally time to join a true SG forum! I hope this place is just as accomodating and friendly, if not more so!

EDIT: Please forgive the crappy iPhone pics, I'll try to get some good ones later :)

Attached Files:

• sg1.JPG
      sg1.JPG
      File size:
      55.7 KB
      Views:
    • sg2.JPG
      sg2.JPG
      File size:
      59 KB
      Views:
    • sg5.JPG
      sg5.JPG
      File size:
      55.5 KB
      Views:
    • sg6.JPG
      sg6.JPG
      File size:
      38.1 KB
      Views:
    • sg7.JPG
      sg7.JPG
      File size:
      59.1 KB
      Views:
    Louie74 and Biddlin like this.
  2. Col Mustard

Col Mustard Well-Known Member

Welcome to ETSG. You'll find us mostly supportive and friendly around here, we don't seem to get (or tolerate) some of the boneheaded arrogance you find on some other forums. It's a fairly cordial environment, which I (for one) like. People around here are likely to say, "hey, that's a fine looking SG you've got there, good choice!"

By the way, that pickguard looks great. Nobody's going to pay attention to seams in the wood, they'll all be looking at the pickguard wondering if it's wrought Iron, or Galvanized steel, or what. and '57 classics are such a good combination with a faded that they'll all be stunned by the sound anyway, if you do your part. Solid body guitars have been made out of multiple pieces of timber since the beginning, Old Leo never thought anything about it. "Glue 'em up, saw 'em out, sand 'em down, paint 'em if they don't match, & SHIP IT." I don't think it hurts the sound at all.

Here are a few views of Luna, my best beloved 2007 Faded Special, modded with Grover Vintage Keystone tuners, Ebony TRC inlaid by Scott Swirski, Buzz Feiten tuning system (shelf nut), handmade (by me) walnut pickguard, '57 Classic & Classic+, Tone Pros Bridge & Tail, Martin SixString wiring harness, Allparts 0-11 knobs... all the best

Attached Files:

3. sgtbeefheart

sgtbeefheart Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

I think you'll find that the forum is awash with pics of members SGs.

Just have a look around.

4. Tony M

Tony M Well-Known Member

Welcome to ETSG.
    Lotsa pictures laced through the threads.
    Poke around and you'll see what most of us
    play on and what we play through as well.

5. oldrockfan

oldrockfan Well-Known Member

welcome aboard! I hope you find this forum friendly and encourage you to post up some info about yourself in the welcome thread. As for pics... we all like pics around here and doesn't just have to be SGs although we obviously all have a love for the SG in common.

[​IMG]
    pic of my faded SG special with the kinda rare ebony fretboard

Louie74, Col Mustard and theNARDdog9 like this.
  6. theNARDdog9

theNARDdog9 Member

Thanks everyone for the kind words of welcome. Col Mustard and oldrockfan: love those SGs!!! Two beauties right there; and to Tony M and sgtbeefheart, I know this site was specifically designed for SG content (obviously), and that if I look around I'll see pics of beautiful guitars everywhere.

I also know that at MLP we had several threads similar to this one for SGs, les pauls, melody makers, ES335's, etc....it was really cool to have a bunch of pictures of similar, yet unique and special guitars all posted in one place. I thought, for the sake of convenience that a thread ought to be started here as well to showcase and archive all of the beautiful SGs in one, easily accessible place (rather than having to search and then seeing hundreds of pictures of one guitar, it's kinda cool to have one thread with a couple pictures of hundreds of guitars)! I understand if you guys disagree, just thought it was worth a shot!

Thanls again for welcoming me to ETSG; I think I'm gonna like it here!

Col Mustard likes this.
  7. mkianni

mkianni New Member

My first and only SG! (so far)
    2011 standard w/coil split and burstbucker pros 1&3 pups

Attached Files:

• 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      79.4 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      80.8 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      84.4 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      86.3 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      90.1 KB
      Views:
    Louie74, Col Mustard and theNARDdog9 like this.
  8. smitty_p

smitty_p Well-Known Member

So, if ya wanna see some pics, check out the Gallery. Most of us have posted pics of our SGs and other guitars there.

I only have one SG, a 1974 with mini-humbuckers. I got a few shots of it in the gallery.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

9. theNARDdog9

theNARDdog9 Member

I love those creamy white ones!

10. theNARDdog9

theNARDdog9 Member

THank you...umm, sorry but I'm new here. Where can I find this so-called gallery?

11. AxRab

AxRab Member

61 - 63 - 64 - 65 - 65 - 67
    [​IMG]

arcticsg, Lhvr, Mwltsg and 11 others like this.
  12. smitty_p

smitty_p Well-Known Member

No problem! At the top right of the page there is a link that says "Gallery."

It will take you to the Gallery where you can see the guitar pics others have posted, as well as where you can post pics of your own.

Having said that, there's nothing wrong with posting pics in a thread like this one. I certainly wasn't trying to be abrupt.

13. Col Mustard

Col Mustard Well-Known Member

wow, what a collection!

I have a strong sense of deja-vu about this... I'm sure the last time I saw that strong collection of devilish SG muscle, I had the same reaction, which was just WOW.

We can welcome a new member by showing off a bit. I like to see them too.

14. oldrockfan

oldrockfan Well-Known Member

yep, axrab has one nice collection of SGs there! Love that pic and love those sweet SGs.

15. Tony M

Tony M Well-Known Member

The Col is right.
    Let's all show off.
    Welcome the new guy.:)
    Even though mine are all "workers" and
    not really "show offables" here they are.

Attached Files:

slappy2x and Col Mustard like this.
  16. dbb

dbb Well-Known Member

AxRab, wonderful group of guitars - I'm partial to the 2 pickup '63.

17. dbb

dbb Well-Known Member

That makes them all the more "showable" - like dogs, in the working category.

I need to take a picture of the working group, although it really isn't much different than the pic in my album.

Nice Chiquita! What does that get used for, Tony?

18. theNARDdog9

theNARDdog9 Member

Those are some real nice "workers"...I wouldn't be afraid to show them off :thumb:

19. theNARDdog9

theNARDdog9 Member

:wow: Some real beauties!!! They all look so clean too. But I have one question.....

.....wheres the 62?! You gotta get the whole collection haha. Once again, those are some NICE SGs man.

20. DogsPart2

DogsPart2 New Member

Long story, short.

In 2009 while searching for a new R8, I came upon a run of Historic 61 Les Paul/SGs in Korina. I fell in love and purchased a spectacular Heritage Cherry 1 pc body that weighed in at 6.38 lbs. Absolutely superb guitar and sat very nice due to the light weight.

In 2011 in a moment of GAS induced madness, I sold her and shortly regretted my decision.

Last week, my dealer discovered a NOS Heritage Cherry (1 pc, 6lbs) from the same run. It had been set aside and for the most part forgotten.
    Today, I ran down played her and brought her home.

I am one happy camper and this one will never leave my side.

[​IMG]

I am a Geezer, so my days of new guitars are dwindling.

However, this is okay as I am happy to retire with my Korina SG and Wildwood R4.

Cheers.

slappy2x likes this.