Potty Parity

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Biddlin, Jan 28, 2019.

?

Should public restrooms be unisex?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Only as an option in addition to gender specfic restrooms.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. If they can't hold it they should wear a diaper.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Build more women specific bathrooms for public venues.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Last weekend I attended a performance of Shen Yun, the traditional Chinese dance troupe. It was a semi-formal affair held at the Sacramento Convention Center. At intermission the usual mile long line formed at the women's rest room and it was obvious that the wait would be more than the 15 minutes allotted. As happens at many rock shows the men's line was much shorter and quicker, so as I was in front of the porcelain protrusion, a lady came in and used the men's room stall. It is common enough here that several of us thought it odd when some 30 something guy said "w*** the f***."
    The guy next to me expressed my sentiment,"You got somethin' she hasn't seen before?"
    Would it bother you?

Layne Matz likes this.
  2. donepearce

donepearce Well-Known Member

London, helping a friend design a knitting machine
    thumb-14.jpg

Gahr and Biddlin like this.
  3. Biddlin

Added a response.

4. Biddlin

Haven't seen that yet, but I don't do NFL games. A few years ago at a Stones show in Oakland, I did see a biker gal hang it over the rail of the top deck.....

5. Gahr

Gahr Well-Known Member

I don't see anything wrong with it.

The school where I used to work (middle school, kids are aged 12-16) is currently being torn down and rebuilt. In the meantime the whole school has been moved to a purpose built temporary building. The current place has unisex restrooms for the kids. I don't know about the teachers, but I think they actually use the same restrooms as the kids. This works REALLY well. First of all, the kids are a whole lot less messy now than before. The boys know both the girls and the teachers will notice if they make a mess... And the kids spend a lot less time in there than before. So far (one and a half years after moving) nobody has reported any problems. In general I think it's a great idea.

Biddlin likes this.
  6. Hector

Hector Well-Known Member

You forgot the "I shitt in the woods" option....

Layne Matz likes this.
  7. Chubbles

Chubbles Well-Known Member

The crossover happened at a crowded concert I attended while in college. Cyndi Lauper came to Penn State in 1984. It was the first sell out in a long time.

8. Bob Womack

Bob Womack Active Member

Between high school and college I worked as a maintenance man at a summer camp. The girls' rooms were always MUCH dirtier than the boys'. Surprised me.

Bob

9. donepearce

donepearce Well-Known Member

London, helping a friend design a knitting machine
    No surprise to me. Whenever I ride in a female's car I have to practically shovel crap out of the way before I can sit down.

Layne Matz likes this.
  10. Layne Matz

Layne Matz Well-Known Member

Great point, Id like to think that most egotistically sound men would not have conflicting emotions about women sharing the same restroom as them. If anything it says more about the fellas who have a problem with it, in my opinion. I have a question, why in hell is it illegal for a woman to be topless in public while it's legally acceptable for males? Is it because our nipples dont serve a purpose?

This seems like it should be a non issue for people in the sense that with so much misapplication of government time, money, effort and funds (at least in the US) that to be concerned with the gender of the people sharing the restroom rather than with their cleanliness for example would be more than a little silly and show your own personal insecurites towards the opposite sex. They are relieveing themselves same as you... Its not like you are hoping in the shower together or even communicating.

11. Layne Matz

Layne Matz Well-Known Member

This made me laugh, I wish it wasnt true most of the time.