rough day practicing so far until ripple saved me

Discussion in 'General Music' started by GrumpyOldDBA, Apr 21, 2018.

1. GrumpyOldDBA

GrumpyOldDBA Active Member

Most days go pretty good practicing some things feel a little easier or more natural. Then maybe some things rough but still you can work through.

Today was a day that most everything wasn't feeling too good. I just seemed off timing off holding pick seemed problematic no matter which one or how I adjusted. Scales not horrible but the songs ouch everything seemed force and iffy.

Until after a break went and put on Ripple ( American Beauty album Grateful Dead ). Not great but somewhat better at least I am smiling now.

OK I'm going back at it again wish me luck!

JCarno likes this.
  2. Saint Toad

Saint Toad Member

Have several friends that use that album, (in its entirety or just a tune or two), to focus and center themselves. Sounds like you know what you need, when you need it !
    Good luck with the rest of the day.

-st

GrumpyOldDBA likes this.
  3. Relic61

Relic61 Well-Known Member

Glad to see this story didn't end with you sleeping it off on a park bench wrapped in old newspaper for warmth. That ol 'Ripple' has sidelined many a man bruddah.
    :D

GrumpyOldDBA, Roca and Saint Toad like this.
  4. pancake81

pancake81 Well-Known Member

It’s funny how you can give days and bad days. Just like athletes I guess, most days you got it, but some days. Well some days it’s just not there.

It’s bittersweet when you see a band you love that’s having an off day. Because as a musician you get it. But it really pisses you off to get a primo show.

Only thing that’s numbs the pain is you know they are more upset and frustrated than you are

5. pancake81

pancake81 Well-Known Member

I remember an interview with angus and they were asking him about hos performance/energy level etc. his answe was something like, “if I spent that much money on a show I would expect to see the resurrection” lol. Always liked that.

It’s true. An A list concert is not cheap. It better be a great show