Saw Rush last night

Discussion in 'General Music' started by Zeppelin Rules, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Zeppelin Rules

Zeppelin Rules Active Member

My friend and I had great seats, 20 rows from the stage. Needless to say our ears were ringing for the next couple of hours after. They played almost all of their new album, but a lot of old stuff including a couple of songs off of Hemispheres. Unfortunately Alex didn't play any SGs, he played 4 different Les Pauls, a flametop sunburst, and a custom with Floyd Roses, and a Goldtop and a plaintop sunburst. He also played an ES-175 for one song and his white ES-355 for the encores. Geddy played 3 different J-basses and his old Ric 4001. All in all it was a great show.

2. guitarweasel

guitarweasel Well-Known Member

Was Alex using his Triamps? :?

3. Zeppelin Rules

Zeppelin Rules Active Member

[quote author=guitarweasel link=topic=15083.msg194125#msg194125 date=1190568318]
    Was Alex using his Triamps? :?
    [/quote]

I think so. He had four Hughes and Kettner Heads, two with a clear front panel and 2 with a more Plexi-style look. I don't think they were his signature version though, cause they weren't purple.

4. SG dan

SG dan Active Member

yeah man i was there to. Amazingly, me and a Buddie got hooked up with box seats. it was awesome. eating chicken nuggets while rocking out to rush. Amazing night. Yeah i think Alex was using the tri amps, are those teh heads that emit a blue glow? Also, gotta love geddy's chicken cookers! ;)

Oh yeah, our ears were ringing too.

5. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

ah Geddy had the rotissery chicken thing going again eh. they're coming to holland in NOvember I think. but I don't know if it's worth it considering the place they're playing at has terrible acoustics, anything played staccato is just lost in the echo.

6. Red devil

Red devil Member

An igloo in the Canadian wilderness of Vancouver
    I hate you toronto guys now! ;D ;D

I was so pissed when i heard Rush wasn't stopping in BC!!! :BangHead: :BangHead:

I hope you enjoyed yourselves. :cry: :cry:

7. aisuru

aisuru Member

i saw Rush last night myself! :D

they were absolutely amazing. it was worth going just for Neil Peart's drum solo section alone. disappointed they didn't play 'Closer to the Heart', which is my favourite Rush song, but they did finish with 'YYZ', which was fantastic. the tightest band i've ever heard.

our seats weren't great, and the atmosphere could have been better (picked up later on. i think it was due to the all-seater arrangement, which doesn't allow enough freedom for rocking out :-\ ) but i got my ticket for nothing, so i can't complain!

Glasgow last night was the first night of the European leg of the tour. anyone in Europe who gets a chance to go and see them, take it. seriously.