Scorpions-Wind of Change

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Biddlin, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Why is this cloyingly insipid almost 30 year-old piece of dreck showing up on every damned radio station and ambushing me in movie soundtracks? Dumb band, dumber song.
    I thought they were singing about a violent sex act because of the miserable enunciation in the first line. Seriously, why should such a pos get airplay?

2. TheX

TheX New Member

Change the station.

Biddlin and papagayo like this.
  3. Worblehat

Worblehat Well-Known Member

Could you please enlighten me as to why this song as well as the band is dumb? (seriously, I want to know)

4. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

images(4).jpg
    "Walkin thru Gorkyyyy Paaaark...":D
    Edit: but the cover! That one sure makes up for ANY flegmatic song .. Uh...or.. ?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  5. Biddlin

If you have to ask....
    And of course we all see that the wind of change blew us all right out into the maelstrom we now enjoy.
    I'm betting this is popular with home-schoolers, anti-vaxxers and anti-gmo protesters.

6. Biddlin

Just a note, I hate the band, hate the song and make no claim of objectivity.

7. Gahr

Gahr Well-Known Member

THAT, my friend, is rather obvious.:D

I dislike the song, but the Scorpions have a large catalog, a lot of which is rather cool, in my opinion. And they have been doing well in the business for close to 50 years. For that alone they have my respect.

8. PixMix

PixMix Well-Known Member

I haven't heard Winds of Change in years, but I remember the fall of communist block and Berlin wall, and the time when Winds of Change was played in every place I was circulating at the time in early '90s. I was never into Scorpions and never really liked Winds of Change as a musical piece, put I'm really curious to hear why do you think it would be popular among home-schoolers, anti-vaxxers and other regressives of today?

Worblehat likes this.
  9. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Well-Known Member

As a rule, I detest any song which features a whistled melody. I make an exception for "Patience" from GnR, but that;s only because it's not in heavy rotation.

Biddlin likes this.
  10. Biddlin

I do that. Last Wednesday I drove my missus to a doctors appointment. On the way it played on the old folks rock station and I changed to the other old folks rock station, two minutes later the annoying whistling starts again, change to the old folks classic rock station and get five minutes of retirement scam commercials before Ike and Tina. Get home later, it's in the soundtrack of the Pixar movie we watched on Blu-ray. It left me alone for 28 years and suddenly it's back, worse than ever.

11. 83 Blazer

83 Blazer Well-Known Member

Love the band (for their 70’s and early 80’s catalogue), dislike the song; a lot!
    Klaus Meine has a unique vocal delivery style, especially early in the Scorpions career. It was always one of the appeals to me.

If you want to witness some unusual lyrics delivered in a strange kind of way, listen to the entire Lonesome Crow album...Michael Schenker’s playing is a worthwhile distraction though. :dude:

I feel sorry for anyone who is haunted and taunted by this song through multiple media. Almost enough to make you think that Big Brother is watching you!

12. rotorhead

rotorhead Well-Known Member

That song was the epitome of how annoying they had become by then. I love their older stuff, though.

13. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

Speaking of songs full of wind ..
    images(6).jpg

Seems like that Scorpions evergreen has the same effect on Biddlin, as The Cranberries' "Zombie" has on me. Yikes!

Biddlin and Gahr like this.
  14. Gahr

Gahr Well-Known Member

Oooh, "Zombie" almost makes me physically sick. I just can't get used to the vocals.

Ray likes this.
  15. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

Word. Hehe, everytime Ilisten to that song I makesure to put my straitjacket on first. Just in case:D

Gahr likes this.