Selling R0 Les Paul and keeping SG. Am I crazy?

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by lovehifi, Sep 4, 2016.

1. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

So ... what if you showed us those magnificient chunks of wood from up close ? You must know we LOVE pics, lots of pics.

2. DrBGood

So CosmicSG... what if you showed us those magnificient chunks of wood from up close ? You know we LOVE pics, lots of pics.

And, did you make an official introductory thread yet ? If not, you should so we can find your weak point and use it for the common good.
    Here's a link for you: http://www.everythingsg.com/forums/welcome-wagon.67/

3. bluesfordan

bluesfordan Member

Here's my R0. It too has a really dark rosewood fingerboard, almost ebony like.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    DrBGood and frankd like this.
  4. CosmicSG

CosmicSG New Member

image.jpeg

The only pic readily handy is a larger version of my profile pic. If you zoom in, you can see how much darker the rosewood board on the R0 is compare to the SG next to it.

The sunburst is 2004 Standard. I added nickel Grovers, reflector knobs, nickel jack plate and a nickel toggle switch plate. The pickups are stock, wax potted Alnico 5 Burstbuckers. I gutted all the pots, caps and wiring, including the toggle switch and jacked. It's rewired 50s wiring, braided cable throughout. All the components are from RS Guitarworks. This one is really a rocker. It is the one I take out of the house and sling around.

The SG is a 2013 model, with 57 classics - bone stock. I have added a chrome toggle switch plate since I took the pic. I am considering gutting all of its wiring, caps, pots, etc with RS Guitarworks components as well. But to be honest, it sounds and plays good so I am not too motivated to change anything.

The R0 is a 2011 model, Burstbucker 1 and 2 - completely stock except for the frets. It has been refretted with larger fretwire, no nibs. I could care less about the nibs. With the super slim neck and larger frets, it has a much different feel than my Standard, let alone a more "airy" sound to it. I don't know, it just sounds clearer so ways than my Standard. May some more bite to it.

Gahr, RedMastiff and DrBGood like this.
  5. CosmicSG

CosmicSG New Member

image.jpeg

I do have another from when I was putting different knobs on it , here is a close up.

DrBGood likes this.
  6. DrBGood

Nice trio ! Thanks.