SG challenge: I have a pair of something how about you?

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by GrumpyOldDBA, Mar 7, 2019.

1. arcticsg

arcticsg Well-Known Member

2018 SG pair
    [​IMG]

2017 SG pair
    [​IMG]

2016 SG pair
    [​IMG]

..and a pair of Violins
    [​IMG]

2. Worblehat

Worblehat Well-Known Member

My SG does not have a partner:
    [​IMG]
    She feels lonely sometimes. She fell in love with that new white Epiphone seen online. Black and white would make a great pair...
    [​IMG]

Oh...and I have an unequal pair of Vox amps (tiny and big). Does that count?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Daniel.S

Daniel.S Well-Known Member

Better get onto that then!

Worblehat, Layne Matz and arcticsg like this.
  4. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

My pair is my pride and joy and here is their axes, a pair of pink 3/4 Catalunas! rsz_120190311_083533.jpg
    I borrow one of this guitars all the time, especially when waking up in weekends or before goin to sleep. I sleep on a mattress on the floor in my livingroom and I find my two daughters Cataluna guitars just perfect for playing in bed!:DEspecially Cat Stevens' "Where Do the Children Play - my fave Cat Stevens song! (Despite what C. Stevens/Yusuf Islam said and did later in the '90s I just love his '70s albums.)

I have 7 guitars in total + these nice Catalunas my girls let me borrow whenever I want to, and since I live in a pretty small flat (42 square meters) with a pretty small livingroom I always have a guitar within reach.:D Actually my livingrroom looks very often just like a pile of Lego, guitars, books, amps and vinyl.:D
    Now, back to bed (I have a day off and school are closed today) and playing more Cat Stevens since my daughters are busy in their room with other stuff.:D
    Edit: this bedside-playing-session didnt last long, hehe, I'm needed for a quiz and after that: a round of the great cardgame "Vri Ã…tter"! (No money involved in this game!:D)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Gahr, PixMix, arcticsg and 1 other person like this.
  5. Bob Womack

Bob Womack Active Member

Two pair?

[​IMG]

Bob

PixMix, arcticsg and koaguilds like this.
  6. bwotw

bwotw Well-Known Member

Also got a pair of Melodies, mine are almost half a century apart form each other:
    [​IMG]

I used to have these two 61RI, but not anymore (my Greco copy with the Maestro is all the SG I need)
    [​IMG]

Rain, arcticsg and PixMix like this.
  7. ToyTitan2k16

ToyTitan2k16 New Member

This is my first post, but here is my pair.

Attached Files:

8. The Real Rick

The Real Rick New Member

Another newbie to the forum here, so I'll add mine:

On the left is a 1972 SG Standard that is a great sounding and playing guitar. The Gibson/Bigsby trem is blocked, with the arm, spring, bolts safely in the case... can't stand the tuning issues! Rock solid this way, and can go back to 100% original if I ever want to do that.

On the right is a more recent SG-J signed by the Free Credit Report.Com band! Definitely different. I purchased it from a good friend who won it as a door prize at a credit union convention! Odd way to get one, but it plays great if you love those chunky, 50s style "baseball bat" necks!

SG x 2.JPG

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Rain likes this.
  9. koaguilds

koaguilds Well-Known Member

2011 Limited editions pair:
    [​IMG]