So let's see those pedalboards!!!

Discussion in 'Effects' started by Phildog, May 8, 2013.

1. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille Well-Known Member

2. ratsalad

ratsalad Active Member

Man, I need a Ditto!

My turn to officially contribute to this thread. Xotic Wah -> Empress Nebulus chorus/vibrato/flanger (I like modulation before drives, less detail on the effect this way but fattens things up more) -> Earthquaker Hoof Fuzz -> Friedman BE-OD -> Empress Tape Delay -> TC Electronics Hall of Fame Reverb Mini.. Not complete but I think it's a good start.. Coming soon: Bogner Lyndhurst compressor, Empress ParaEQ, an overdrive to cover those softer rock sounds, probably an Archer Ikon.... and Ditto looper? :lol: Also thinking about maybe a phaser.

PSX_20170522_183630 (1).jpg

grausch, Logan and dexspeed like this.
  3. dexspeed

dexspeed Active Member

I was fairly bored last weekend so thought I would try my luck with woodworking and build a pedal board for use around the house. I'm far from skilled with woodwork, but the finished product turned out well enough. The only issue is, I made it to big! Now I feel like I need more pedals to fill the void......that's logical right?

[​IMG]

grausch, Logan and ratsalad like this.
  4. ratsalad

ratsalad Active Member

Sounds spot on logical to me!

Logan and dexspeed like this.
  5. dexspeed

dexspeed Active Member

+1 on the ditto. You really can't beat them at the price point they are going for. Probably the best practicing tool you can have next to a metronome. The diminutive size is also a nice bonus.

Have you tried out that TC Vortex flanger? I've been thinking about picking one up to replace my MXR on my giging board as space is always at a premium there. Curious if they are any good - not all that many mini options for flangers.....

Logan likes this.
  6. ratsalad

ratsalad Active Member

I've demoed the Vortex and it does sound pretty good. Funny thing, while I love Empress and they make great effects, another big reason I went with the Nebulus was to save some space and money. Flanger, chorus, vibrato and even some tremolo and compression in certain modes all in one (don't know if you can tell from the board pic) fairly small pedal.

dexspeed and Logan like this.
  7. jersgsxr750

jersgsxr750 Member

So I recently sold a couple of amps and most of my pedals, all but one have sold, in an effort to update and downsize... and this is my new rig. The Pedaltrain Nano+ is powered by a Cioks DC5 and signal chain is Polytune 2 Mini -> Spark Mini -> Tube Screamer Mini -> Flashback Mini -> Hall of Fame mini -> VOX MV50 AC. Still wouldn't mind possibly adding a Wampler Tumnus but I need to sell the last amp (Blackheart Little Giant) & the last pedal (Holy Grail) and then maybe.

IMG_0355.JPG

syscokid, grausch, dexspeed and 2 others like this.
  8. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

^ Cool setup, definitely downsized!
    Do you run the Vox relatively clean and use the TS for dirt, or is the Vox dirty with the TS added on top?

If it's the later, does the Nutube get pushed into more breakup like when you hit regular tubes harder?

dexspeed and jersgsxr750 like this.
  9. jersgsxr750

jersgsxr750 Member

Thanks! I run the VOX pretty clean and then use the TS to push it, I use more level than gain on the TS. The VOX can get plenty gritty on it's own without the TS but I like the boost it adds with the level at about 2:00 and the gain backed off to about 9ish on the TS. It will definitely start breaking up with or without the TS. I would say this rig is limited by the 8" cabinet.

dexspeed and plankton like this.
  10. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

My latest.

Ditto has been here for a while.
    Ibanez CF7 was the first pedal I ever bought, I think. It's staying. Set really low on the speed, just to give a nice space environment.
    Joyo Sweet Baby is (used) new. Really soft core OD, just like a good tube overload, really subtle, just what I needed. Combined with the Tube Screamer, it rocks.
    Week old Donner DT-1 Chromatic tuner is real cheap and precise.

And of course, off the board, is the TSA15H footswitch. Imbeded Tube Screamer and boost.

Pedal board.JPG

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    grausch, dexspeed and ratsalad like this.
  11. DCCable

DCCable Active Member

P1012542.r1.1.JPG

So, here we are. I build/mod a lot of my stuff so that's why all the strange boxes. From the guitar input to output we have: Wah Pedal, Optical Compressor, Treble Boost, TS Clone, Klon Clone, Tube Driver, Danelectro Chorus, Ibanez Soundtank Phaser, DD5, DD5 with delayed output and standard output which feeds; Ibanez Soundtank Flanger, Splitter-combiner with inputs from DD5 delayed signal, and from Flanger, Volume pedal which then feeds amp(s)

grausch likes this.
  12. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Are you doing this from kits, or freehand?

13. DCCable

DCCable Active Member

Freehand, mostly from online schematics.

14. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Dude..... I might try a kit, but I'm not even close to that level.

15. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille Well-Known Member

I can follow a diagram, but figuring things out on my own is beyond me.

I'm gathering parts to add an LED and make my wah a true bypass.

Logan likes this.
  16. DCCable

DCCable Active Member

Its not that hard, really, if you start with something simple like a treble boost or a SHO booster. Their both simple one transistor projects. From there go to a two transistor fuzz face. If you mess up figure out what you did wrong and correct it. Truthfully doing the cases is more trouble to me than doing the electronics.

I just got done doing a clone of a tapeworn.

This is a youtube video of the original (the company's out of business)

17. ratsalad

ratsalad Active Member

I would love to be able to build stompboxes, but just don't know.. I tend to be terrible when it comes to stuff like that.. I don't have a handy bone in my body, working with PC hardware being the only exception.

18. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

It's a start.

I'm tempted to try a kit. Now to decide which one......

DCCable likes this.
  19. DCCable

DCCable Active Member

Good for you, If you get stuck, have questions, you know where to find me.

BTW, General Guitar Gadgets and BYOC (Build your own clone) both have good kits

syscokid and Raiyn like this.
  20. DCCable

DCCable Active Member

One thing I forgot to explain in my original post on this is the use of the DD5 delay's un-delayed output to drive the Flanger and the delayed output going straight to the signal combiner with the Flanger output being the second input to that combiner results in what's effectively a "through-zero-flanger."

Raiyn likes this.