So let's see those pedalboards!!!

Discussion in 'Effects' started by Phildog, May 8, 2013.

1. ratsalad

ratsalad Active Member

How do you like the new green Big Muff? I always liked the Russian made Big Muff's a lot more than the NYC version(s).. The Russian ones were total garbage build-quality wise in the early 2000's. I probably went through three of the big black yellow font ones, they kept breaking but damn did they sound good! This new green one is supposed to use the same circuit design as the old green Big Muff, and the POS bulky black one. I'm not going to lie, the combination of the better NYC build quality and the Russian circuit has me excited! :D

2. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

It sounds amazing, and very usable tones with the knobs set in any position. It's actually my first real Muff (had a cheap Biyang awhile back) and I'm very impressed, especially considering the price. As far as build quality, I've only had the thing for two days but it seems quite solid, the flat green military paint job probably helps in that regard. I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

ratsalad likes this.
  3. plankton

Finally think I've got everything where I like it. Moved some of my modulation pedals around and added the Jam Man to replace a Ditto that crapped itself after a month. Also put the little plastic switch covers on as I play barefoot 99% of the time.

20180325_150226 (800x450).jpg
    Signal path goes, UAS MkII Tonebender, Cry Baby Mini Wah, Joyo Power Tune, Joyo Vintage Phase, TC Sub N Up, DOD Carcosa, EHX Russian Big Muff, DOD Bifet Boost, MXR Flanger, Amp. In the effects loop it's Joyo Tremolo, Boss Delay and Digitech Jam Man.

bwotw and ratsalad like this.
  4. gibsonguitar1988

gibsonguitar1988 Active Member

5. plankton

I was having some issues with my Joyo Power Tune, weird background noises when the LEDs were displaying the note. Tried using it as just a tuner and also just a power supply and everything was fine.

So shopped around for a new power supply, but didn't want to spend too much. Took a chance on a Caline off ebay for $35. It's working great, no noise whatsoever except when I tried to run my only digital pedal, a Jam Man looper, so that's on it's own supply which is fine because I have one more pedal than the Caline has outputs anyway.

The other addition is the Foxrox Octron 3 which is too awesome for words (and I think I posted about it in another thread already).

20180602_114237 (800x450).jpg
    20180602_114153 (800x450).jpg

bwotw likes this.
  6. bwotw

bwotw Well-Known Member

I just finished putting together my board I'm pretty satisfied. It's going into a distorted Marshall JMP 2203, but still lets me have semi-clean sounds with modulation and ambiance.

[​IMG]

The signal goes:

*DOD Carcosa fuzz
    *G-Lab Wah
    *EHX Soul Food (main OD)
    *Mooer Pure Boost
    *TB Looper
    *Amp

The TB Looper has two loops; one goes tuner out and the other has the rest of the pedals. This keeps them out of the chain when not needed and allows me to turn on several pedals at once. At the moment, this chain is:

*Joyo EQ
    *Behringer fuzz
    *Movall Hornet (TS clone)
    *EHX Pitch Fork
    *Mooer phaser
    *Mooer flanger
    *Passive attenuator (for cleaning up the sound)
    *Boss CE-3 (mostly set as vibrato)
    *Fame (Biyang) trem
    *DOD Rubberneck
    *Boss RV-6

plankton likes this.
  7. bwotw

bwotw Well-Known Member

I love this board! What kind of music do you play?

8. plankton

Whose board did you mean?

Also, what are your thoughts on the DOD Rubberneck?

9. bwotw

bwotw Well-Known Member

I meant yours,forgot to quote:

[​IMG]

Love the fuzzes, the flanger, the Octron, and the footswitch toppers ;) I'd be happy with something like that!

I'm pretty happy with the Rubberneck. It's dark and the level pot is gradual enough as to work well into a distorted amp. The tap tempo and crazy oscillations are good pluses. Used to have a Boss Giga Delay and, even if the possibility of saving presets was great, I could never get it to sound good with my rig.

10. Gillean

Gillean Well-Known Member

Here goes the latest version:

[​IMG]

instead of growing my board I`m making another small one, same size as this one.
    The idea is to have a board more in line with my humbucker needs and another with the single coil needs, it doesn't really make all that much sense, but specially on the drive realm the best drive for one is surely not the best drives for the other (TS808 is the greatest example for me, I absolutely love it with my strat, but dont like it as much with humbuckers or even p90s)... Between other things, for example I love chorus sound with humbuckers but dont really like with single coils, I`d rather have a phaser than a vibe for humbucker but prefer the vibe for the single coil sounds.

Am i going nuts?

bwotw likes this.
  11. bwotw

bwotw Well-Known Member

Nah, that sounds pretty reasonable and practical. And you could always chain them togheter if you please, no need for a bigger board ;)

12. plankton

Thanks! I'm a classic/hard rock guy.

I'm a big fan of fuzz, although I'm not sure three is enough, might need a germanium Fuzz Face too.

The flanger is good fun, lots of cool sounds in there, although it's not something I use a lot.

The Octron is simply amazing, quite possibly my favourite pedal. It really comes alive when used with one of the fuzzes or the wah or both. If you're at all a fan of old school analog octave effects I highly recommend checking one out.

Thanks for the feedback on the Rubberneck, I'm quite happy with the Boss delay, but the DOD seems interesting, Digitech is doing some really good things these days.

bwotw likes this.
  13. bwotw

bwotw Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Boss waza sounds great too on the demos Ive seen. I love flangers, but not really for the typical jetplane sounds, I like to use them as subtle modulation, like a more interesting chorus, or for far out oscillation madness. The Eleclady works great for this.

plankton likes this.
  14. Semla

Semla Member

I don’t really have the need for a large pedalboard or lots of modulation effects. Mostly use old school effects like fuzz and treble boosters, an analog delay used for slight slap back echo and a subtle tremolo if wanted.

The board contains the following:
    Keeley Java boost
    Basic audio spooky tooth fuzz
    Colorsound wah-wah (genuine 70s one)
    MXR Carbon copy
    Biyang TR-8 tremolo
    TC Electronics Ditto looper
    BOSS TU-3 tuner
    (T-Rex fuel tank JR powering everything except the Java boost which is extremely noisy with everything but a battery)

Also, one of the most important things, a curly cord. How would you live without one? ;)

Attached Files:

plankton likes this.
  15. plankton

You're never really done with a pedalboard. I'd been thinking about getting a Univibe sort of thing and the tremolo on my board wasn't getting much use so...

20180818_081939 (800x450).jpg
    It goes, Tonebender > tuner > Octron > Mini Wah > phase > Carcosa > Russian Muff > Jimi Zero vibe > flanger > Bifet Boost > dirty amp > delay > looper > amp again.

16. gibsonguitar1988

17. Worblehat

Worblehat Well-Known Member

I finally got a board for my few pedals. Not very impressing compared to all the pedalboards above. I don't really need a board, as I am only playing at home, but I don't like cables and stuff liying about the floor. Now it looks nice and tidy :smile:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

gibsonguitar1988 likes this.
  18. gibsonguitar1988

19. plankton

I wanted a "grab and go" board to use with my Nextone, something that would incorporate the GAFC and hold a few other effects that aren't covered by the amp itself. So I knocked this together,

20190117_123523 (800x389).jpg
    20190117_123540 (800x389).jpg
    It's got a spot underneath for a power supply, which is on its way. :dude:

gibsonguitar1988 likes this.
  20. gibsonguitar1988