So let's see those pedalboards!!!

Discussion in 'Effects' started by Phildog, May 8, 2013.

1. ratsalad

ratsalad Active Member

How do you like the new green Big Muff? I always liked the Russian made Big Muff's a lot more than the NYC version(s).. The Russian ones were total garbage build-quality wise in the early 2000's. I probably went through three of the big black yellow font ones, they kept breaking but damn did they sound good! This new green one is supposed to use the same circuit design as the old green Big Muff, and the POS bulky black one. I'm not going to lie, the combination of the better NYC build quality and the Russian circuit has me excited! :D

2. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

It sounds amazing, and very usable tones with the knobs set in any position. It's actually my first real Muff (had a cheap Biyang awhile back) and I'm very impressed, especially considering the price. As far as build quality, I've only had the thing for two days but it seems quite solid, the flat green military paint job probably helps in that regard. I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

ratsalad likes this.
  3. plankton

Finally think I've got everything where I like it. Moved some of my modulation pedals around and added the Jam Man to replace a Ditto that crapped itself after a month. Also put the little plastic switch covers on as I play barefoot 99% of the time.

20180325_150226 (800x450).jpg
    Signal path goes, UAS MkII Tonebender, Cry Baby Mini Wah, Joyo Power Tune, Joyo Vintage Phase, TC Sub N Up, DOD Carcosa, EHX Russian Big Muff, DOD Bifet Boost, MXR Flanger, Amp. In the effects loop it's Joyo Tremolo, Boss Delay and Digitech Jam Man.

ratsalad likes this.
  4. gibsonguitar1988

gibsonguitar1988 Member

5. plankton

I was having some issues with my Joyo Power Tune, weird background noises when the LEDs were displaying the note. Tried using it as just a tuner and also just a power supply and everything was fine.

So shopped around for a new power supply, but didn't want to spend too much. Took a chance on a Caline off ebay for $35. It's working great, no noise whatsoever except when I tried to run my only digital pedal, a Jam Man looper, so that's on it's own supply which is fine because I have one more pedal than the Caline has outputs anyway.

The other addition is the Foxrox Octron 3 which is too awesome for words (and I think I posted about it in another thread already).

20180602_114237 (800x450).jpg
    20180602_114153 (800x450).jpg