Tell me about the CS VOS SG's

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by SixStringzombie, Jan 19, 2015.

1. smitty_p

smitty_p Well-Known Member

PermissionToLand,

Before you respond to Relic, let me just interject a thought or two. Why? Probably because I am an OCD peacemaker who doesn't know when to quit...

This has long since ceased being a comparison between guitars and a disagreement with Kris. I also think some of your statements have been misunderstood. For example, your statement about the shiny option was not meant to say there was a shiny VOS, but rather that the Custom Shop does make shiny models, but the VOS is not one of them. I'll admit, I also initially thought you were saying there was a shiny VOS, but in re-reading it I see what you were really trying to say.

But, while I think getting into a "Who's right / who's wrong" whirlpool between you and Relic is probably not gonna be very fruitful, I do want to throw in for Relic a bit. While you may disagree with me given the current argument, I have found him to be doggedly tenacious and loyal. In a future thread, he is just as likely to come to your defense if he thinks you're being misrepresented. If you two are able to come to some peaceable resolution, I know he's the type to let bygones be bygones. Honestly, I'd love to be in a band with him (but he'd have to let me have some leads!)

I don't know if any of this matters right now, but they are just a couple of thoughts.

PermissionToLand likes this.
  2. LeadFinger

LeadFinger Well-Known Member

Hmmm, so to sum it up:

There are CS models that are VOS, and CS models that are shiny new and glossy.
    PTL: CS models are more historically accurate than USA models (ABR-1 vs Nashville)
    KF: However, they aren't as good as a late sixties or a 1970s model, which can be had for less money.

Roll SFX: bottles breaking, grunts, shrieks, curses, sound of horse urinating, cart wheels racing over cobblestones, a wet thud.

I agree with eS.G., it's the new design wot dunnit.

eS.G. and smitty_p like this.
  3. PermissionToLand

PermissionToLand Well-Known Member

Now you're relying on semantics? LOL you are one sad old man. Your repeated baseless assumptions about me are only serving to discredit you and prove your lack of maturity and lack of an argument. There's nothing I can do better than to leave your ridiculous words to stand on their own.

It's funny you keep calling me a know it all, and yet where exactly did I profess this? Judging by your long rants it seems this characterization fits you better. As I already pointed out to you, I have no problem changing my opinion when new information to the contrary comes up.

Yes, talk big about how great you are while simultaneously claiming I'm being proud. I have no pride because pride is for imbeciles. You've shown nothing but. Also please continue to talk up how great you are with people while being unable to have a discussion without resorting to lame logical fallacies.

And close it up with the classic ad homenim fallacy. The funny thing is that I specifically stressed the importance of moderation in the quote you attempted to smear me with. Also, making the false assumption that smoking has any correlation to intelligence when repeated scientific study has not proven any such causality.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

Oh, and here you go:

[​IMG]

4. Relic61

Relic61 Well-Known Member

Wah wah wah wah wah what. Enjoy whatever it is you think you're doing with yourself kid. Words are useless now booger off eh.

5. PermissionToLand

PermissionToLand Well-Known Member

Well you've stopped doubling down on baseless, illogical arguments, that's a step in the right direction. We've still got to work on that age based superiority complex and maybe eventually you'll be mature enough to argue rationally. Then again, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. "Words are useless" tells me everything I need to know about you. You reject logic entirely and therefore you cannot be taken seriously. You know you've been out-reasoned (by a Millennial of all things!) so you grumble and crawl back to the comfort of your ignorance.

I will continue enjoying what I do and I wish you the same. ;)

6. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

I got lots a words to google now thanks PTL.

7. jrmullin

jrmullin Active Member

I had a 2010 CS SG with Burstbuckers and although it sounded and played wonderfully, I didn't like the Maestro. Ultimately I sold it in favor of a '13 Standard, which is essentially a '61 reissue with a smaller headstock. These days I favor my humble $500 Future SG.

Relic61 likes this.
  8. Relic61

Y U B So Fa King We Todd It??

9. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Ya know, I find myself wondering if the OP ever got a straight answer...
    Choice wood, more hand work and alnico III burstbuckers.
    (sigh)
    ;>)/

PermissionToLand and Bullfrog like this.
  10. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

There was an original question!?!?!?!? well ****.

Bullfrog and Crazy_8 like this.
  11. Gibsg

Gibsg Well-Known Member

Just have a look

[​IMG]

12. JohnnyGoo

JohnnyGoo Well-Known Member

Wow what a beauty Gibsg

13. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Well-Known Member

14. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

THIS WOOD GIVES ME WOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Relic61

Ya know he lost me GAF after he got handy & bitch slapped the Col! Come here & ask the community for help then ya $#!T on 'em after they give their time to help you. In fact, that set the mood for what shortly followed.

Now I got poop on my shoe & the smell is still following me around!

Attached Files:

16. dylumph

dylumph New Member

I love mine. Thats it in my avatar. Its a VERY solid guitar with zero problems.

17. 58pit

58pit Well-Known Member

Hey I know....They are ALL good.!