Tempting!

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by Von Trapp, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Von Trapp

Von Trapp Active Member

2. donepearce

donepearce Well-Known Member

I don't think I would go for that. Whoever stripped that was far too heavy handed with the sander and rounded off all the edges of the bevels - al the definition is gone. Such a shame.

3. Von Trapp

Von Trapp Active Member

Yes, I noticed, but I quite like that. Perhaps an opportunity for bargaining...

donepearce likes this.
  4. Bad Penguin

Bad Penguin Well-Known Member

I saw the 65, and my eyes went straight to the screwed up headstock sanding, and immediately looked away. ESPECIALLY at 1550!
    The 73…. Might be better, but I could never gel with the electronic cavity plastic.

5. pancake81

pancake81 Well-Known Member

I have to be honest, cool finds. But I wouldn’t spend my money on either. Not that there are terrible, but I am always assessing what my money “could” get me.

from what I hear, the world is in bad shape. Instrument’s usually fair better than the market. But curious where prices go in the coming months

6. papagayo

papagayo Well-Known Member

Seriously ?

I prefer a nice pre - 2000 SG or a cool Limited Edition like this 1998 Natural Burst SG Standard, $1300

Temp 4129.jpg

Temp 4130.jpg

7. Von Trapp

Von Trapp Active Member

Yes, the price is of course way off, I was only looking at the guitar and what I could do with it. The second one is not for me at all because I can't understand why you would front route an SG (or any guitar for that matter) and just think it looks ugly with that cover holding the knobs. The first one has a "Make an offer" so the listed price is not to be taken seriously.