The "Effect Pedal(s) Incoming" thread.

Discussion in 'Effects' started by NoiseNinja, Apr 2, 2020.

1. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Active Member

So this thread is for posting effect pedals that you are awaiting delivered in the mail or just about to order/buy.

For me personal I ordered following 4 effect pedals that I am awaiting to arrive in the mail soon:

- Nux Tape Core Deluxe (a relatively inexpensive, yet truly incredible digital emulation of a Roland Space Echo tape delay, that I plan to use as my main delay unit)

- Xvive V16 Undulator (a really cheap but incredible sounding tremolo effect, that I plan to take over from my Behringer UT100 Ultra Tremolo)

- Beringer UV300 Ultra Vibrato (a really cheap, but again incredible sounding, Boss VB-2 vibrato clone, as my current one has gone faulty on me, using it as a chorus effect, which it sounds amazing as, by having it in one of the effect loops of my Boss LS-2, blending in cleans via the other effect loop of the LS-2)

- Mosky Black Rat (a really cheap, but, if one is to believe the reviews and YouTube demos, really great Rat clone, similar to the Mooer Black Secret, just even cheaper, and, as with the Mooer, featuring both a Vintage and a Turbo mode, planing to use it as my main distortion unit, eventual with the Joyo Orange Juice that I use for overdrive stacked in front of it, and taking over from my Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, which is a bit too compressed, high gain and smooth sounding for my taste)

These 4 pedals should actually complete my guitar setup, at least for now, and next thing I plan to get is a proper pedal board to mount all the effect pedals I use for my guitar setup on.

So what pedals are you soon to add to your collection?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    joe419 likes this.
  2. NMA

NMA Well-Known Member

You might have to change the parameters of your thread.

"This thread is for posting effect pedals that you are awaiting delivered in the mail or just about to order/buy...
    So what pedals are you soon to add to your collection? "

With a savage virus ripping apart the world, you really think people are running to the music stores or going online to buy hundreds of dollars worth of guitar pedals? "Yeah, this virus and the crashing economy is paralyzing (and killing) us...but I sure want to run to Sam Ash music store (which isn't even open) to buy myself a new distortion pedal." Pal, nobody is thinking that.

How about restart your thread and just make it about pedals we feel are essential to our gear.

3. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Active Member

@NMA

Well, online stores and the mail service are still largely operational, at least here in Europe, with very few exceptions.

And as it is extremely unlikely it is going to kill us all there will still be people who stopped their life completely in honor of the virus, who'll proceed their normal routines after this threat has passed, including buying pedals, who then can post in this thread.

I don't hear anyone suggesting posting on forums could possibly expose a potentially hazard for spreading the disease, and I personal at least, while of course still following official instructions on how to stay reasonable precocious, has no intentions whatsoever of banishing my self to a corner sobbing helplessly in despair while inciting my self into a self enforcing loop of anxious end of the world fantasies until the danger has passed.

Didds likes this.
  4. NMA

NMA Well-Known Member

Yeah, but almost flaunting one's current pedal purchases at a time when thousands of people around the world are dying each day is really in bad taste. It's deaf to what is going on in our world. "Hey, there is a deathly serious situation the world is facing, but look at the guitar pedals I have on order!"

It's a let them eat cake mentality. She got her head cut off for that way of thinking.

One other thing: You really think a large enough number of people at this site are running out and buying guitar pedals at this very moment? You think we all have "incoming" pedals?

5. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Active Member

Your analogy from the French revolution is totally off, nothing about my OP resembles what you are referring to the slightest.

I am not in any way belittling people who suffers from this situation, which we all do by the way to some extend, I am simply asking people to share their recent additions to their gear collection.

How is that making fun of the current situation, or inappropriate in any way?

Buying some pedals is not the issue, not what's killing people.

I am in the exact same situation as the majority of the Earth's population in this case, I could get infected and die too, however as long as I am not, me getting joy out of buying some pedals doesn't make the situation any worse for anyone, just makes my own life a little sweeter in this tough situation, while not harming anyone else.

Should we ban all comedy, music, singing and dancing too until the threat is over, and cry our self to sleep every night and only eat oatmeal?

I don't get your reasoning or mentality at all.

If there was any consequence to your reasoning and point to it at all non of us, including yourself, should be buying any nice stuff to our self, for our own enjoyment, ever, as long as there is such a thing as poverty, hunger and war on Earth, and my guess is that you even own considerably more high end nice stuff than me, or than I properly ever will get, so don't get started.

Thousand of people do and did die every day, long before this virus outbreak, that now has made us vulnerable as well, from severe poverty, lack of food and war, in fact many more so than people dying from this virus, not that this virus outbreak on top of all that makes the situation any better, but it certainly does put things in perspective, so tell me how things changed exactly, other than suddenly now becoming an too obvious part of your personal everyday reality too to keep ignoring it?

As it is, you are just coming off as a hypocrite, because for once something happens that potentially could involve you coming to suffer too.

But remember I am in the same boat as you, as everyone here on Earth, yet I don't cry, me crying doesn't help the people who suffer one bit, and I certainly don't start bashing people who dare to smile despite rough times.

As far as I am concerned you are the one attempting to exploit this unfortunate situation we are all in currently by using it as an excuse to justify you acting like a giant jerk here, however your arguments and reasoning makes no coherent sense whatsoever.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Didds and koaguilds like this.
  6. NMA

NMA Well-Known Member

Uh, I guess you aren't up on current events, but, yes, we have banned comedy, music, sports, even dancing (You do realize there is a six foot distance requirement right now. Try doing the tango with that in place.).

Tell me what concert you've been to this past few weeks. Tell me what movie you've been to. Tell me what comedy club you've been to. Sporting event? Dude, are you aware of what is going on in the civilized world?

7. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Active Member

I guess they overlooked television, how could they, and people still being allowed to watch DVD's and listen to music at home, what a mockery of such a serious situation.

Not to speak of the internet still being open.

How can anyone feel joy and happyness in a world like this, it is outright despicably disgusting.

Clearly such people must be emotionally stunted and needs to be put down!

Preferably with a bullet to their heads!

Also non physical web shops are still open and mail is still being delivered, including packages.

Whoever mentally screwed up deranged person could get them self to order anything in these trying times.

Companies offering such services should be penalized severely and deserves bankruptcy.

Didds likes this.
  8. DJGranite

DJGranite Member

I keep seeing businesses trying to do everything they can to stay afloat as the economy slows down. Many may not survive an extended "Shelter in Place" order. We've been encouraged to support them as best we can. Many buy through the mail regularly, about the safest way to buy anything right now and I'm sure they are thankful for the business.
    I personally see nothing wrong with buying some budget pedals if it brings you some happiness or distracts you from the present situation.
    We all deal with things in our own way.
    I have a trade in the works but it's on hold until we get a handle on things, sucks but I'm not willing to pay shipping!
    Amps are expensive to ship.

let's not add anger and bad feelings to the list of crap to deal with ….

Didds, NoiseNinja and Piper68Special like this.
  9. Crazy_8

Crazy_8 Well-Known Member

NMA, that's one sorry ass idea of feeling that you are better than others. Think about it.

NoiseNinja and Didds like this.
  10. Didds

Didds Well-Known Member

Moving on...

Two pedals that are on my wishlist are the MXR Carbon Copy Mini Delay so I can get that rockabilly slapback (if anyone has better suggestions I'd like to hear them) and the EHX Holy Grail Neo Reverb since my amp doesn't have built in reverb. This pedal really appeals to me because of its simplicity. All I really want is a nice simple reverb sounds and this pedal is super basic. One knob to control how much you want and a three way switch to choose what type. I can't see why I'd need an 8 knob $500 reverb pedal à la Strymon Blue Sky

Logan, VonSlagle and NoiseNinja like this.
  11. PixMix

PixMix Well-Known Member

Last evening I ordered a Fulltone OCD Ge, never had an OCD but had a few Fulltone pedals, and still own a Fulldrive. I listened to a few Youtube demos and read some mixed reviews, mainly positive. I kind of know what to expect, but just like with every other pedal, you'll never know until you plug it in your own rig. It's been a while since I got a new pedal, so I'm looking forward to it.

VonSlagle and NoiseNinja like this.
  12. koaguilds

koaguilds Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    VonSlagle and NoiseNinja like this.
  13. Chuteboxehero

Chuteboxehero Well-Known Member

Great pedal! I've had a few JHS pedals and they have all been fantastic. They make a Big Muff version of that pedal called the Muffuletta if you ever want multiple versions of that pedal in one box. I'll definitely be checking out a Bonsai in the future.

VonSlagle and koaguilds like this.
  14. plankton

plankton Well-Known Member

I don't have any pedals on order, but I do have a couple kits in the shed that I'm looking forward to building soon. One is a variation on a silicon fuzz face with some extra features, and the other is a copy of a Buzzaround. I've got a half dozen fuzz pedals already, but you can never have too much fuzz.

And if you're being safe and responsible then it's a good idea to buy things and keep the economy going. Plus this is a guitar forum, I thought the whole idea was to discuss technique, maintenance and gear?

15. Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer Member

I've been trying to nail down the solo from Needle and the Spoon and found it hard to justify an autowah just for one song until I ran across this on Amazon yesterday.

https://www.amazon.com/Xvive-Guitar...om-20&linkId=a40524ae92ab579f5d30b5d8f9614ed2

Dirt cheap and looking forward to getting it. I've been using an Xvive wireless system at home for 3 years now and it has performed flawlessly.

Well said, plankton. Nothing wrong with supporting the economy a little and focusing on our hobbies for a little mental sanity while many are confined to our homes.

plankton likes this.
  16. Augshejais

Augshejais New Member

If it counts - just got a Walrus Audio Monument v2 delivered last weekend. Honeymoon phase still but overall a superb tremolo indeed!

VonSlagle likes this.
  17. Opticusprime

Opticusprime New Member

1) I believe this thread was made to form a platform of levity, to remind fellow musicians that there is going to be life after isolation. I don’t believe this thread was begun to start a morality debate of how people are choosing to spend their time. If someone is in a position to purchase something, outside of the necessities, and enjoy life, then go for it. Musicians of all walks of life should honor and understand that :-) before this pandemic gripped the *entire* planet, there were people who couldn’t afford the newest Strymon, Gibson Elite, or hand-wired Vox, so they settled with what they could afford, give them the best bang for the buck, until a time presents itself that something else could be purchased. We are all still musicians, making do with what is in front of us.

2) I’m probably going to get a simple reverb pedal, maybe the aforementioned holy grail or something similar. Just deciding which one is what’s delaying it. Enjoy the pedals purchased so far, and hope everyone comes up with some amazing riffs during your isolation!

18. VonSlagle

VonSlagle New Member

Tremelo
    Im not a Earthquaker fanboy but that Ghost Echo is a perfect little reverb. Highly recommended

NoiseNinja likes this.
  19. Opticusprime

Opticusprime New Member

not a bad tip, thanks :-) I’ve had a few EQD over the years, never that one. Maybe it’s time to try em out, got nothing but time

NoiseNinja likes this.
  20. SweetJohnnyD

SweetJohnnyD New Member

Going to look into some kind of inexpensive looper pedal so I can keep up the chops, just space out and riff.

NoiseNinja likes this.