The finishing touch...

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Rain, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Rain

Rain Well-Known Member

It had been a little while since I'd worked in my little home studio - other than learning material for a couple of projects and just playing guitar. So Friday night I decided the place could do with a little clean up and re-organization.

I've got gear and guitars in here that I don't use much, which I seem to store in a closet for a while and then take it out piece by piece so that every few months, I end up having to deal with clutter and put some of it back in the studio closet.

Generally speaking, I dislike clutter. I need room to breathe and I don't work well when there's stuff all around me.

As odd as it may sound, the initial inspiration for my studio was a funeral home. Friday night, I stumbled upon six dozens of (fake) black roses that my wife brought for me when we first met, and I thought they'd contribute to that "funerary" nicely...

Anyway - here's a few pics of the result, some of them you may have seen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Though admittedly not for everyone, for the style of music I work on, it's a most appropriate mood.

Madmatt, RVA, Bullfrog and 4 others like this.
  2. Jimmy Jacks

Jimmy Jacks Well-Known Member

It's done quite well. It's not my style but for the purpose of a muse room I bet it helps get the creative juices flowing.

Rain and RVA like this.
  3. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

VERY COOOOOOOOOLLL

Rain likes this.
  4. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Well-Known Member

Very nice indeed! I like your style.

All your missing is a skull bong! :D :dude:

Rain likes this.
  5. Rain

Rain Well-Known Member

I'm more of a red wine type of guy. It's actually surprising that there's not a glass of wine in any of those pictures.

The home studio also serves as a study at night, and a glass of red wine is a must...
    [​IMG]

Bullfrog likes this.
  6. Gahr

Gahr Well-Known Member

Bible studies? Kind of looks like the room for less Christian activities. Very cool.

7. Bettyboo

Bettyboo Well-Known Member

Do you conduct many human sacrifices down there, Rain or just the occasional one? :D

Rain likes this.
  8. Rain

Rain Well-Known Member

Actually, I have an interest in religions, but I'm not a religious person.

If the picture were a bit clearer, you'd see The Classic Midrash, Everyman's Talmud, The Tanakh and one copy of either a King James or a ESV bible - so it would be more Jewish than Christian in this case. But my interest in philological and historical - I like to compare translations and put things in their historical context. I do collect bibles and scriptures of all kind, and their related works, whether it's the Catechism of the Catholic Church or the writings of Anton LaVey or essays on "primitive" religions...

If I'm not spending time with my wife or making music, I usually have my nose in a book.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Gahr likes this.